Infantry vs AFVs?

"On the battlefield, other than a abandoned crew or unarmed vehicles there are NO non-threatening units. Every infantry unit including HQ's have the ability to kill ANY tank. How are those NOT threatening?"

If this is true, why did/does my wittman tiger turn its hull to shoot HE at them (consript halftrack crew) (funny I have brought this up before but was chualked up as bad tactics) 20-40 meters away while I have instructed it to hunt in a direction of a known enemy AFV?

I eventually got wacked becouse of this/ my tigers's turret was turned 180 degrees away from where I was hunting the suspected AFV. Got wacked becouse of it.

[This message has been edited by Panther131 (edited 01-12-2001).]

My experience:

I've used British regulars to take out AFVs.

First it was a StuG III that got toasted fairly quick once the hand grenades started flying.

Then I had two squads (one on each side) drop grenades on a buttoned up PzKw IV. It took several turns before it was knocked out.

So it's doable but rarely the best or easiest way to do it.

Cheers

Olle

------------------

Strategy is the art of avoiding a fair fight...

I recently had an 8/4 US infantry squad take out a Hetzer, which pulled up about 10-15m from the building they were in. It's flank was exposed to them, and the grenades were flying thick. No gammon bombs or anything.

The Hetzer crew abandoned, and the sole survivor was Captured....

I didn't expect the Hetzer to move there in the first place, so the cool thing was that the squad did it on their own (they were in command radius, which I suspect helped).

I see this question asked all the time. Why can't infantry take out tanks when they have no anti-tank weapons? The problem I have with this is that my infantry DOES take out tanks in this manner! SURE its a lot harder if you don't have the right goods, but its worked for me. I'd say maybe a little less then 50% of the time. And that's realistic I think. I don't think a squad could pop a tank as easily as they do in the movies.

-Head

------------------

"No man ever won a war by dieing for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

-General George S. Patton, Jr.