Any of you CM fans ex/current military?

buddy

Sergeant, U.S. Marine Corps, KC-130F/R/T & F/A-18 Electrician(tweakers) and Marksmanship Instructor. 6.5 years active service and going. Duty stations? MCB Camp Pendleton, NAS Millington/Memphis, MCAS Cherry Point(the armpit of the Marine Corps... along with MCB Camp Lejeune), MCAS El Toro(spoiled me real bad...I'm from California after all), MCAF Futenma and Camps Hansen & Foster over in Okinawa, JRBNAS Fort Worth TX, and now over in MCAS Miramar... *whew* I've had to PCS too much and hope I'm settling a little. PCS'd more times than many Staff NCO's that I've met who've been in like 10-14 years. I don't know if that's a good thing to brag about...

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima

[This message has been edited by Warmaker (edited 01-28-2001).]

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening all,

I served 5 years US Army National Guard as a 91Bravo / Charlie in a M-48A5 equipped armoured battalion, the 1/163 of the S.C. National Guard. It was alot of fun most of the time and helped pay my way through school. After college I enlisted in the regular USAF for 4 yrs as a med tech. Made E-5 SSgt. Still in nursing/medical field today, but my first love has always been for

AFVs. Cheers,

Eric Tuggle

------------------

" They're acting as if they have already won the war! " B. Woll

" We will prove them wrong. " M. Whitman

Enlisted USMC FDC/SURVEY, also worked on the gun line with 155 and 105 crews.* Spent three years active duty with a firing battery and 2 years with a reserve HQ unit.

Been to Okinawa, Japan and the Philipines along as paricipating in various floats and flyaways. cool.gif

* 'If you can't TRUCK IT, F&%K IT!'

------------------

Sometimes your the Dog, and sometimes your the Hydrant.

US Army '82-'83. 11B in B-2-16, 1st ID.

USAR '85-'90 95B E-5

Germany, Honduras, lost o'fun

Active USAR '90-'91

Absolutely nothing to do with the real war effort. Port security for all the goodies going, and war booty returning. Biggest challenges buring that mission:

1-Keeping hookers off the ships.

2-Keeping other reservists from breaking into the mobile PX, to be told that was NOT my mission.

3-Making sure that crew chiefs and other maintenance personnel didn't strip other units equipment to replace their 'non combat losses'.

Got out to avoid the 'new world order' crap. I was a soldier, not a social worker.

------------------

To train a man in mind and not in morals, it to train a menace to society.

Originally posted by gibsonm:

20yrs service as at 03FEB01.

....Dragon,

Do you guys still get on so well with 1 QDG (our allied Regt in the RAC)?

Sorry gibsonm, didn't see your post earlier.

Yes many a good time was had at games nights in the mess of the QDG or them in ours, if you've visited you'll know what I mean. A cavalry cup weekend with both regiments in the final was something to behold. A fine regiment.

IIRC We have an affiliation with the RAAC Hunter River Lancers and the RCAC Windsor Regiment. In 1987 we conducted a cross training exercise with The Hunter River Lancers and swapped troops, My Troop Corporal was one of the lucky ones. I got a Cpl called Bruce Rademacher (sp?) in his place, he was a good soldier and converted to our equipment and procedures quickly. He seemed to have a good time although he did not particularly enjoy the Winter weather in Germany. smile.gif

DG

------------------

CM Outpost