Another small CMBB request...

How about different configurations for movies and order phases?

In other words, when I'm giving orders, I wanna see unit bases, no tree cover, no roofs, etc.

But when I'm watching the movie, it'd be nice if CM automatically toggled those so that it'd look more realistic....

So, rather than have the hotkeys used to create one global config -- have one config for movies and another for orders phases. If I toggle trees off while giving orders, then don't show me trees in that phase; if I toggle trees on while watching a movie, don't show me trees during movies....

(In other words, this shouldn't require any interface changes.)

I hope sgb doesn't mind me following up his request with another.

One area of CM I'd like to see improved is the information available on units and weapons when choosing units for a QB. Most of the data I'd like to see presented is already in the system Though not available at this point in the game) and what is missing is a brief narrative about the unit and weapons under consideration. The narrative could include a brief history, how prevalent it was on the battlefield, the OOBs it was generally a part of, it's performance, and possibly it's intended use. Having this information available during unit selection would enhance my gameplay experience by helping me make more informed and realistic choices and it might even help my performance. And, for those of us who don't study WWII, it may even teach us a thing or two.

In IL-2 - the East front flight simulator - there is a feature called View Objects. On the left there is a list of units for you to select and on the right you see either the picture of the unit or information about it, much like you asked for. Having access to something like this from unit purchasing screens of CMBB or whatever comes after that would be very useful. Especially in the beginning when you have no idea how all those strange units are like.