Most tank mods have a major flaw

Your tanks are way too clean ;) Having spent the last two years of my life on a tank, which is probably a lot easier to clean then WWII tank, I can safely say the mods need to be dirtier.

Whenever a tank goes off road and the ground is even slightly damp they dig up just about everything and spew it all over themselves. Thus far no one has made a trunk, like elephants have, to put on tanks so they get really dirty and smelly during a long Op. Also, the TC should be dirty and smelly too. I've heard rumors that Tiger is working a smell mod, but I won't hold my breath.

In all seriousness thanks to all armor mod makers. I really enjoy seeing what you create and share, asking nothing in return.

Jeremy S. Filko

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Black Five:

However, I still want the smell mod :eek: <hr></blockquote>

Suggest that for that effect you wear the same pair of socks for two weeks and then hang them around your neck when you sit down to play. Also helps that "air" of authenticity to eat a large plate of beans before play. Cabbage is good too.

:D

Michael

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Also helps that "air" of authenticity to eat a large plate of beans before play. Cabbage is good too.

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]<hr></blockquote>

Well that's all fine and good but this course of action usually "drifts" over into my real life and that is totally unacceptable to the lady who hangs around the house...

Another good smell mod:

catch & kill same rats (or cats, dogs, what ever you prefer)

place the half under your table for a week

when the week is over

roast the others over gun powder til they're black

Go to your local butcher and ask for a bucket of guts and blood. Drob it in your room.

The battlefield will never again smell so realistic.

:cool:

I agree that most of the vehicles are far too clean and spritely (pun intended). My other problem is the lack of extra stowage seen on most vehicles and camouflage on the Germans. All turret-heads in my experience tend to festoon their vehicles with extra bits and pieces, sometimes for more protection (sand bags, concrete, etc) and sometimes for comfort (bedding, etc). The Germans tended to hang branches and so on all over their vehicles as well.

As an example, my first effort at modding was to try and make a very late model Panther G. I found that there was no way I could put the gun cleaning tube where it was meant to be, across the rear decking and that it was very difficult to place extra cables, equipment and so on, on the hull. So I gave up, mores the shame.

It seems the models used in the game just don't quite allow really all that much in the addition of extra detail in some ways.

Correct me if I'm wrong, (which I normally am) but wouldn't any modded mud appear the same on every tank of the same type. To me having a line of Shermans all with an identical mud splash on the left fender would look wierder than having a whole bunch of clean tanks.

I first noticed this problem when I played a scenario with about 30 modded MkIVs.