New Zealand TO&E on-line

I have compiled a 2 NZEF TO&E on-line at mysite.xtra.co.nz\~Vader (case sensitive). I know there are some holes, particularly in the Armoured Regts, so feedback would be welcomed.

I'll eventually get more photos scanned too, but if you have some already and they can be posted, please let me know.

------------------

Never leave your mind so open your brains fall out.

Ropey,

Nice work. Aren't the official histories wonderful? I was wondering how you were going to cover all the miriad organisational changes the Div went through in the desert ... ignoring them is certainly one approach wink.gif.

To add special value to your site, you could break down the orbats you have in terms of their CM equivalent squads - if you have no life and nothing else to do that is. I'd love to help, but unfortunatelyt can't for the next few months. Drop me an email if you're interested anyway.

Be cool

Jon

BTW: Somewhere I have some reasonably detailed OrBats I did for a never-completed Steel-Panthers senario covering Takrouna.

Ubique

[This message has been edited by JonS (edited 02-17-2001).]

It probably wasn't the only fast little sucker in the parade. ;)

I've deliberately stuck to the Italian campaign TO&E because that's where my interest lies. Still need help on the armoured part though.

------------------

So where should the Stuart sit on the TO&E? Div Cav had Staghounds, and the Recce Tp of at least 18 Regt was turretless Honeys (whatever they were nicknamed). Someone must have used the Stuart in its turretted form surely!

------------------

Originally posted by ropey:

So where should the Stuart sit on the TO&E?

4th New Zealand Armoured Brigade in Italy by Jeffery Plowman shows in a pretty diagram that the HQ Squadron Reconnaissance Troop had 3 Stuart Vs and 8 Stuart Recces.

If you are interested in the Italian Front, I strongly recommend this great little book. It is available by post. Here are the details:

>The book retails for $25 plus $2 postage and >packing, please make out the

> cheque to Jeffrey Plowman. The money can be sent to:

>

> 33 Colman Avenue

> Upper Riccarton

> Christchurch

>

> Thanks

>

> Jeff Plowman

I have also seen the book at Modelcrafts and Hobbies in Lower Hutt for $29.

Nice to see that there are several other New Zealanders here.

Well of course the dachsund only served in Africa and we're concerned with Italy where the boy scout troops were re-equipped with lapdogs. Some of these were converted in the field to a type of mongrel dog, part lapdog and part terrier.

Again in '44 the boy scouts were given skirts and forced to entertain the troops. (A rather messy affair over which they are currently battling our DoD for compensation.)

------------------

Originally posted by ropey:

Well of course the dachsund only served in Africa and we're concerned with Italy where the boy scout troops were re-equipped with lapdogs. Some of these were converted in the field to a type of mongrel dog, part lapdog and part terrier.

Again in '44 the boy scouts were given skirts and forced to entertain the troops. (A rather messy affair over which they are currently battling our DoD for compensation.)

Good response. I'm glad I didn't upset too many of our friends across the Tasman but from what I've read about the NZ army in its current guise, my facecious remark may not have been too far off the mark.

Stay happy...

Jim R.

Thanks for the links. I'll try to get that book next time I'm in Chch (my home town.)

Kanonier, there are major political battles going on over here regarding appropriate military spending. I agree that our Army needs to be significantly re-equipped, but you should see some of the dirty deals being done on Joe Publics behalf. But that's a whole can-o'-worms that doesn't belong here. 8-)

------------------