Design Nits Dept. Got a hunch about infantry.

This is very much a nit and rightly should sit low on the CM2 design priorities list, but is there any way that the infantry figures could be drawn -- at least in Sneak mode -- to look like actual soldiers advancing under fire, i.e. hunched over double, heads down?

Or perhaps units who are Alerted, etc. might appear like that to provide a quick visual cue on their status.

After reading earlier threads, I appreciate the need to minimize use of polygons (the same reason for the Charlie Brown/South Park spherical heads), but it seemed to me that an economical solution might be found to enhance the "heat of battle" look of the game.

As a hardcore infantry geek, I'd vote for any aesthetic improvements to be in this direction, rather than rotating idler wheels with flying muck and exhaust fumes.

Roger McGowan's exquisitely realistic counter art in Squad Leader added a lot to the tactical feel of that game when contrasted to the sterile map symbols used in previous games.

Looking forward to the Linus and Cartman face mods, ummkay? ("Dude, like this Zippo Sherman thing is toetally weak").