Quick and Dumb question

Ahem - I remember somebody else asking the same question yesterday, or thereabouts wink.gif

Anyway, the "button" is located on your keyboard, and labelled PrintScreen or something very similar. It copies the screen pic to the clipboard. Just open another suitable program (Hit Esc or Alt-Tab on Windows to minimize CM) and paste it in.

Be aware that it might pay to convert it to a jpg - these pics can take up a lot of space.

On a Mac press Alt + Shift + 3.

The file will appear on your hard disk called Picture 1. Subsequent screenshots take subsequent numbers.

On a PC press Ctrl + Print Screen. This saves the screen to the clipboard. Then open Paint and use Ctrl + v to paste to a new document. Then save at your leisure.

Ahhhhh, thank you. I figured it had something to do with the print screen button (hehehe) I was hitting shift + Print Screen and to be honest I still didn't know where the file would go or what it's name would be. But if it goes to the clipboard, I can find it. I hope smile.gif

Thanks again

Originally posted by Big Ron:

On a Mac press Alt + Shift + 3.

The file will appear on your hard disk called Picture 1. Subsequent screenshots take subsequent numbers.

That won't work with a Voodoo card, however -- you need a little utility called GlideHack (or I think Snapz Pro from Ambrosia SW lets you grab Voodoo screenshots as well).

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

Hehehe so sombody tell me why I don't have a clipboard viewer on this darn computer?!?! Even if I did I'm not sure how I would convert it to a BMP or JPG.

DOH!!!

Anywho, I guess I'll have to wait for them to put a screen shot command in. Most games like this have'em anyway.

There is no clipboard viewer as such, well actually there is under "Start/Program Files/Accessories/System Tools". The clipboard is more or less just a memory buffer. It "saves" into memory whatever is selected. You must then "paste" it into something to see it.

If you have a photo or paint program, you can paste the "Printscreen image" into that. Windows Paint works. I use PhotoImpact, in which I can crop the picture, change dimensions, save it in any format, etc. Windows Paint can save in any format as well.

It is advised you save in .jpg format, as the .bmp sizes are quite large.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 02-15-2001).]

It's the damnedest thing, Maximus. I did go under program files/Accessories/System tools and it's not there. I must have erased it somehow, sometime ago. I even did a search for any file called clipboard... nothing. I'll have to get out my Windows disk and see it I can install it. If it's not there then where in heck are all these files going wverytime I hit Ctrl + Print Screen smile.gif

Nedlam