Found an old photo of my grandfather in WW2

Hey Monty, nice pics. Do you really have a grandfather who fought in Normandy? Does your grandfather know about the game? If so, does he play? What are his thoughts?

I have a grandfather myself who fought on the Eastern front. I dont get to talk to him much since he lives in another country. Im just asking because unfortunately, not much of that generation is left.

Nah..i was just making it up to spice up the fake photo's smile.gif

I think AAR's with black and white pictures would be nicer/realistic then the colour ones.

My grandfather was too old to fight in WW2, my father too young.

btw Holland was run over in a few weeks,most who sneaked out to England were pilots.

Later in the war they flew in the 322 "Dutch" Squadron.

I myself am a member of the virtual 322 squadron , part of the EAF (European Air Force )

European Air Force

Monty aka Moose_EAF322

Monty, that was one of the funniest posts I've seen so far and I've laughed at several of them. This got me to laughing like a little kid. My wife even came in to see what all the laughing was about. Thanks for making me laugh. That was really extremely funny!!!!! Good one.

Thanks Icm1947 ! ( hey, what about your name, is there a story behind it ? )

Got the idea when i saw the Combat Mission Times site, with the black and white pictures.

btw there was a really good site for the Flight Sim called Fighter Squadron.

It was like a newspaper with stories about Airbattles, all with black and white pictures ( screenshots ) and very funny comments.

I would love to see such a site for CM too!!

I will try to make a sample story. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Commissar:

I have a grandfather myself who fought on the Eastern front. I dont get to talk to him much since he lives in another country. Im just asking because unfortunately, not much of that generation is left.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

excuse me if i'm being to personal, but has he told you any stories at all? i read quite a lot about it, but first hand stories (or second hand will do smile.gif ) are usually the best in terms of conditions/what really happened/what is was really like and stuff, and, like you said, there is not many left, most of my grandfathers/great uncles died in the resistance in Holland.

i think overall, its a good thing there is not many left, it means we aint been killing each other directly on a massive scale lately, if you get my meaning smile.gif