Has this happened to anyone else?

I was playing a QB yesterday and moving infantry forward under smoke. One of my AV's ran over the infantry and the infantry sustained two casualties (My leg!! My leg!! each time). The group moving under smoke was not under fire at the time. Whats up with that? I didn't think this was possible. Has it happened to anyone else?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 6(sic)6:

wouldnt you have heard a shot if it was someone shooting at you?<hr></blockquote>

yup. you might want to replay the moment your guys went down several times and pan across the map at low level. If it was a long range sniper shot you should even be able to determine the general area the firer was in. Even if you can't see him.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Juju:

Say, Commander, you still got a save game for that turn?<hr></blockquote>

It won't necessarily happen again. A turn is saved before the outcomes are computed, and since a good bit of it is random, you could go back to a saved turn a hundred times and get a slightly different outcome each time.

Recently I was watching the replay of a turn when my neighborhood suffered a power outage. After the power came back on and I restarted computer, game, and turn, I noticed that this time around a bazooka team that had broken and run the first time through, now held their ground. You never can tell...

Michael

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Juju:

Say, Commander, you still got a save game for that turn? I'd like to take a look/listen to it. Could you send it to me? Adress is in the profile<hr></blockquote>

Unfortunately, the only save position I have is just before I plotted the moves where the incident happened. At the time that it happened, the casualties happened together with barely a second between them. The only thing going on was a AV right on top of the infantry unit and there were a few rounds of friendly smoke still dropping. I thought sharpshooter but there is no way a sharpshooter could reload, aim and shoot twice like that.

other funny thing hapened to me and Darren Norton in a recent game.

A flak vehicle and a HMC are racing towards eachother on a small narrow road through the woods.

Than it happened,they collided!

After that the flak vehicle drove back and let the HMC pass on to continue without firing on eachother!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

A turn is saved before the outcomes are computed, and since a good bit of it is random, you could go back to a saved turn a hundred times and get a slightly different outcome each time.

Michael<hr></blockquote>

Ah yes, my bad. I was thinking of a pbem battle, while this a QB.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Commander:

there is no way a sharpshooter could reload, aim and shoot twice like that.<hr></blockquote>

Ah, slight misconception there. A 'shot' from a sharpshooter is not one round (i.e. one bullet), but one 'volley.' Therefore a sharpshooter is able to take out more than one target with a single 'shot.'

Tanks, guns, mortars, AT units and arty count ammo in individual rounds. Infantry, MG's and sharpshooters count ammo expenditure in volleys.

Lest we forget:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Originally posted by Commander:

there is no way a sharpshooter could reload, aim and shoot twice like that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<hr></blockquote>

Tell it to the Warren Commission !

Remindful Toad