CMMOS Terrain?

Did I read somewhere that a huge package of terrain mods was going to be made available to CMMOS? I think so, so when? I had to re-install CM the other day and my soldiers have been traipsing through the Elysian Fields ever since...

I'm really excited about this one. The grass is something that just HAS to be modded. Maybe I'll go and download the 32 zipfiles of "Normandy" if it is going to be awhile...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Did I read somewhere that a huge package of terrain mods was going to be made available to CMMOS? I think so, so when? I had to re-install CM the other day and my soldiers have been traipsing through the Elysian Fields ever since...

I'm really excited about this one. The grass is something that just HAS to be modded. Maybe I'll go and download the 32 zipfiles of "Normandy" if it is going to be awhile...<hr></blockquote>

IIRC the file itself has been done for a while. However Phillipe hasn't been able to contact several of the original authors for permission and hasn't released it yet.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

And some of them left in a huff. Are a coupla bad seeds going to prevent this great undertaking from coming to fruition?<hr></blockquote>

It wouldn't suprise me. If they bitch then Philippe should just remove their mod from the pack.

It isnt hard to find the thread where he announced his depature. Evidently there was a bit fluff over the ability to mod the casualities in CM. I didnt 'unearth' the actual arguemtent, but I dont really care to see it. If you really wished to you could probably find it.

Now, on topic. I love CMMOS, but as a relative newcomer I find it difficult to deal with the so-called "CMMOS compatible" mods listed on CMHQ. Therefore I love the CMMOS packs for the Pz IV's, Panthers and HT's that have been released so far. The terrain pack will be something else I will be eternally gratefull, both the packaging and actual texture work.

Would it cause a big upset if the pack was just released regardless of "authentication" from the mod masters? Surely they wouldn't mind? It's not as if they're gonna be edited and re-badged is it?

Polite disclaimers could be added to the readme etc etc. Come on, let's be mature about this smile.gif

I'm sure I speak for everyone out there when I say we could really do with a compatible terrain set.