Idea for Tree bases!

How about instead of making trebases for, scattered trees, woods and tall pines, how about no tree base what so ever for neither of them.

What I mean is making the trees look like they are just coming out of the grounds, so all have the same base, which matches the grass.

None of the different type of trees would have different color tree base, just the same base, matching the grass.

Just a though, is that possible?

So what happens if you (as I often do) hide the trees so you can see units and check LOS? I still need to know what kind of terrain I'm looking at, and the tree bases do fairly well at that. At least they let me know that something is out there.

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

I thought someone had already done this a while back. I didn't use it, so I can't remember who did it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may be referring to my transparent scattered tree bases. I didn't try it for the pines or heavy woods, though. Looked pretty good, but plotting moves was a bit tricky, since you couldn't see when you were entering the scattered tree areas.

The mod is still available at CM Outpost I believe.

- Old Dog

I don't know about you people, but here in good old Blighty grass doesn't grow like that. If it's tall pines there won't BE any grass - it'll be pine needles and maybe patchy bracken. If it's heavy woods then It'll be dead leaves with patches of plants like bramble and rose bay willow herb. Light woods, you'll get very patchy grass, and lots of brush and hedges.

It doesn't make sense to have it the same colour - since it isn't like that IRL.

Well, as for making the mod it is very simple. Just look up all the files for the treebases (can't recall them at the moment) and just paint them all transparent pink.

But as for a really good pines tree base I really haven't seen one yet. As Soddball said, anywhere that has pines the ground is usually covered in a bed of brown pine needles. We had a few pine trees just behind our house by our patio deck and the ground underneath them was covered with needles.

It's ashame BTS didn't make separate tree bases for woods and pines.