Preview--Super Action Pack vol.2: For Mom, Apple Pie, and the USA

It's not done yet, but I'm pretty happy with the way things are turning out. Here's the only one that's worth showing so far, 1944 US airborne:

us1.jpg

us2.jpg

This set will correct some major inaccuracies in the standard US uniforms, both 44 and 45 pattern. I'm working on the Brits, too.

More teasers will be available as further progress is made. This one's not easy!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wanderer:

And I wonder if anyone knows why Boots never seem to be shown in great detail? I have always wondered that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There isn't much room to work with, unfortunately. The boots are just kind of lumps at the end of the leg bitmap. I have a few ideas that I'm testing, however...

Was this bright yellow standard issue? It looks a bit bright to me.

Do you have some photos you could post to show what you're going off of?

Andrew, did you get my screenshots of my revised Feldgrau version of your Field Grey Heer uniform?

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Was this bright yellow standard issue? It looks a bit bright to me.

Do you have some photos you could post to show what you're going off of?

Andrew, did you get my screenshots of my revised Feldgrau version of your Field Grey Heer uniform?

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still tweaking the khaki color. It's pretty close to the photos of original uniforms, really, but the final version will be dulled down a lot more.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupert_2:

The arms patches are a nice add-on....Will there be an option to switch units??? smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Right now I have it limited to 82d and 101st Airborne, but I might do more. I probably will do a few for the regular infantry, too, as their uniforms, especially the M1943, are a littel dull. How about a poll--what divisional patches do you think would be the most useful for CMBO's scope? Post your answers here and I'll include the 5 most requested with the release of Super Action Pack 2. smile.gif

andrew asked:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>what divisional patches do you think would be the most useful for CMBO's scope? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...2nd Infantry Div., 28th Infantry, 4th Infantry, 30th Infantry ("Roosevelt's SS"), 7th Armored, 9th Armored, 10th Armored...

...fantastic start andrew, please don't forget to make those doggies appear as though they have actually been in the field...

I don't care what outfit you pick as long as they have patches. I really believe they add so much to the overall game. Uniforms look very nice so far by the way and do agree a little too bright. I sure hope you can do something with the boots too. Always have bothered me to have a great looking uniform to have it messed up with the boots. ;)

Andrew,

They look great keep it up. And while you are thinking about shoulder patches don't forget the French even if it was just a french flag. Have you thought about using batych files to change from one to another. Just some thoughts.

Dave