Using MOD's - for a dummy?

Guys,

Please excuse my ignorance but i just want to know if i can get some more info on using MODS. Namely, if you install a MOD and then change your mind latter how do take away the MOD?

Or lets say you install a whole heap of MOD's and then decide one MOD is no good, do you have to re-install the whole game?

Also on a general note, where can I find more info about using MOD's.

Thanks in advance for your time.

[This message has been edited by IDF (edited 01-01-2001).]

You should make a back-up of the BMP folder so you can go back and either get the files you want to replace, or just restore the whole BMP folder to its previous state if you don't like one or several mods. You can also copy BMPs right from the CD-ROM. You don't have to resinstall the whole game.

MadMatt has a mod guide at CMHQ:

http://combathq.thegamers.net/

Look under the 3rd Party Mods section.

Gary Kump also has a nice site that compares the original vehicles, etc. with the new ones so you can decide which ones you want before you download them. His site is here:

http://www.gkump.com/cm/

One thing I do to make things very easy on myself is to just rename the unused file to say 4343 to 4343A so that way if you change your mind it is only a matter of a quick rename and no costly searching, or re-installing.....basic i know but just a thought hope it helps.

------------------

"D-Day was a nightmare. Even now it brings pain to recall what happened there on June 6, 1944. I have returned many times to honor the valiant men who died on that beach. They should never be forgotten. Nor should those who lived to carry the day by the slimmest of margins. Every man who set foot on Omaha Beach that day was a hero."

General Omar Bradley-

Well, to be honest wit ya. wink.gif I can't see anybody going back to the originals. Mainly becuase there are generally more than one mod for everything out there. So in this case, find the one you like and install it over one that you don't like.

But if you really want the BTS original, you can pull the originals directly off the CD from the CD's Bmp folder, however they will tranfer over as "read-only" files, so if you were to go in to modify them yourself, you must change them over to "archive" status, or your computer will not let you overwrite them.

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LONG life!"-Minsc, BGII