FiringSquads Review "Are Turn Base Games Dead?"

what i find interesting is that games have the same problems as movies:

o all flash and no substance

o don't try anything new, just copy success

o audiences/players say they want good quality movies/games but refuse to spend money to buy/see them cause they can't handle it

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

I wrote the author of the article a "reasoned and polite" summary of CM saying, "hey I think you missed one" his reply today was:

Yeah, you're actually the 5th person in a row to mention Combat Mission. We'll definitely try and get our hands on it for a review. Any game that good

(assuming it is smile.gif deserves some press.

Thanks for the detailed email and tip. I really appreciate it.

Best of luck to you!

Lesson for us all, if we see info that ovelooks CM a polite heads up may start turning heads and passing on the word can have benefits. Maybe not directly, but who knows.

The article now has this at the beginning:

Editor's note: Since this article has run, we've been flooded with a ton of "why haven't you tried Combat Mission?" emails. We know about it now, and we're looking into it as a potential review/article. Thanks for writing in!

------------------

Woot! - Maximus2k

The New CessPool

Maybe I should write, and see if he says I'm the 8th person in a row, then someone else writes to see if they are the 9th, and so on. Let's see how far he can count! biggrin.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Maybe I should write, and see if he says I'm the 8th person in a row, then someone else writes to see if they are the 9th, and so on. Let's see how far he can count! biggrin.gif

Bruno, while I appreciate your tongue planted firmly in your cheek, we do have some impressionable members, either immature, or off their meds. So just in case a serious moment:

Guys, don't flood this guy, it might be counterproductive. He seems to be open and if CM makes a favorable impression he is in a position to influenece readers, which leads to sales which leads to a fat and happy BTS and that leads to CM:nn. So let nature takes it course let's not give him any reason to be less than enthusiatic about CM

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

[This message has been edited by jd (edited 02-26-2001).]

Thank you JD for noticing I forgot the disclaimer.

Kids; "Annoying commercial magazine editors should only be attempted by qualified and trained professionals. Do not try this at home." smile.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

The editor updated his review to include this note.

Editor's note: Since this article has run, we've been flooded with a ton of "why haven't you tried Combat Mission?" emails. We know about it now, and we're looking into it as a potential review/article. Thanks for writing in!"

Thanks again guys for standing up for CM!!

Yeah, chill with the emails to Thrash, lest the next disclaimer say something like "We now know that TBS games are only played by obnoxious compulsive-obsessive fringe fanatic types and hence the limited demand for and ultimate demise of these games."