Movie: The enemy at the gates!

Given that it was the best movie about the Russian front to come out in the last few weeks, I say spend the money and see it.

Realize that nothing is perfect and enjoy the experience. Ignore the stupid parts and the romanticized story, which allowed many of us to take the GF/SO without repercussion. Later you can post here and trash the whole experience to demonstrate your superiority, and if you're lucky, they'll quit making big-budget war movies altogether.

The movie has a nice touch for weapons detail. You will get a sense of the vision and scope of the conflict that you cannot get from a book, and there is nothing wrong with that. I'll go see Pearl Harbor too, and there will be monumentally stupid, boring, contrived, and romanticized parts. And it will be worth every penny.

Okay, Mark_IV. I see your point. But no fair being all logical about it!

The weapon details were good, it just seemed like they got a new script writer after the first part. Or maybe the budget for the special effects ran out?

I saw it and like you folks was impressed with the first few minutes the love story prtion could have gone out the window for all I cared. My opinion is nothing will ever beat Pricate Ryan as far a realism and effects....that is the quintessential WWII movie. Pearl Harbor promises to offer the same...at least I hope so...