CM2: Brummbar and abandoned vehicles

I have a suggestion for CM2. This came to me last night. Is there a chance of having knocked out or abandoned vehicles or armor on the battlefield prior to the engagment?

My idea is that especially for canned scenario's this could be a great addition. Not so much for QB's but for historical and ahistorical scenarios alike, it would ad to some of the realism to have abandoned armor and vehicles be seen on the battlefield. For instance, a scenario where the russians are advancing through germany and there are a few dead abandoned stugIII's or a panther abandoned on the side of the road or in the city. I think this would be neat. And would add to realism.

My question is and ecuse my laziness for no search, will there be the german afv Brummbar? This vehicle seems like a real exciting addition, though I have no idea how many were actually made.

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

Apparently 305 Brummbars (Grizzly Bear) were made. Considering only 100 Pumas were fielded that should be enough for CM's scale. BTS were going to put it in CMBO but wanted to get the game out to gamers, so I got pushed aside with the list of other expansion vechicals. Course Now we are moving on to CM2. I hope to see it in CM2. That weapon will be great in the streets of Stalingrad. 150mm baby. Considering all of the Russian heavy tanks, were gonna need all of the anti-inf weps we can get so our AT weps can do their job. The idea of damaged AFVs on the battle field is a good one. Getting damaged tanks back into the shop was a big pirority for both Russsians and Germans.

Along vaguely similar lines, how about including captured vehicles, which were commonly used by the Germans, at least? It wouldn't just be realistic, it would also be fun to combat each other with the same tanks.

------------------

I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity.

--Eisenhower

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Along vaguely similar lines, how about including captured vehicles, which were commonly used by the Germans, at least? It wouldn't just be realistic, it would also be fun to combat each other with the same tanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, that was realistic, howver I dont know how often that was employed. I know dor sure that during the battle of Kursk, the germans manned a bunch of captured T-34's into battle, though I dont know how many. I think it would be neat to at least have this as a possibility in a canned scenario, such as a reanactment of the Battle of Kursk. (boy what a battle that will be)

I dont see this as a QB option really, but as an option for scenario and operations as this could add to a more historical though rare occurance.

Oh what fun to see T-34's and Panthers and Tigers side by side in a battle at Kursk!

Though, I do not know if the russians used german armor.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panther131:

Though, I do not know if the russians used german armor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The soviets developed the SU76i, which was based on captured Pz III chassis and looked something similar to a STUG.

Mace

Along those same lines, how about cratered terrain tiles from previous arty barrages?

As for captured tanks, in the latest issue of WWII magazine, there is a lengthy article on captured Czech tanks used in later German campaigns. Perhaps we'll see some?

------------------

Jeff Abbott

One point of fact: The Brummbar was not introduced until 1943. It was designed because the need for such a vehicle was realized in Stalingrad.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

Getting the Brumbar and Sturmmorser Tiger confused here? The Brumbar was also known as the Sturmpanzer IV, StuGIV mit 15cm StuH43. Assault infantry gun on a panzer IV chassis. It was used on the Eastern front at Kursk, the defensive battles at Zaparozhye; also in Italy and the Western front.

The Sturmmorser Tiger was the one used against the Polish uprisings in Warsaw and had a huge 38cm mortar.

-taken from The Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two by Chamberlain & Doyle, Jentz.

~Tiger