Quad .50 HT & Gun Ambush distance...

I am currently reading "A Time for Trumpets" by MacDonald. It is a book about the Battle of the Bulge, written by a gentlemen who fought in the battle. The book is about the entire battle. They mention the Quad .50 cal AA HT quite often and I was wondering why it did not show up in CM? I did a search and came up with nada. Is it because the .50 is already such an effective weapon in CM that the quad would be a holy terror?!?!

Why can I not set an ambush with a Gun over 300m, that seems rather short for a gun, I would think the longer the better to ambush with a Gun, clear LOS I would think 1000m would be reasonable and realistic. Comments?

You were reading about the M16 MGMC, which was based on the M3 HT or possibly the M17 MGMC, which was based on the M5 HT. Their main purpose was anti-aircraft defense. However, they also provided devastating fire against ground targets. They were aptly called 'Meat Choppers' by the troops.

BTS did not include these and other AA vehicles for the Allies due to release schedule constraints. The M16 is the most requested vehicle not included in CMBO.

View?u=1304366&a=9680208&p=40834103

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

...were any lend leased to russia? will we see the M16 in CM2?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lend-Lease vehicles sent to Russia included 100 M15's and 1000 M17's. I haven't seen any specific reference by BTS as to either of these two vehicle types being included in CM2.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Lend-Lease vehicles sent to Russia included 100 M15's and 1000 M17's. I haven't seen any specific reference by BTS as to either of these two vehicle types being included in CM2.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

looks like you have a big reference book snake eyes. last i heard they were nearing 300+ vehicles for CM2, i think it would be a nice addition for the m15 or m17 for AAA fire, or the "meat chopper" direct fire. i want to know how many people wanted to sit in the seat of that much power! almost as fun as flying the a10 with the 30mm vulcan :eek:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bucsman:

How many were made?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

724 M16's were produced during 1942-43. 1000 M17's were produced from 1943 to early 1944, when all HT production ended. Since 1000 M17's were shipped to Russia, I would assume that none were used by the Western Allies.

Also, there were 680 M15's produced in 1942. A slightly modified version was produced from August, 1943, designated the M15A1. I don't have any production figures for this model. The M15 had two .50 cal MGs and a 37mm gun.

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: Snake Eyes ]