New JagdPanther Mod!!!

Looks good. When you gonna post it?

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

"I do what I likes, and I likes what I do."--Darrell Hammond (portraying Bill Clinton), SNL

Doe the "rings" on the gun tube indicate the number of kills?

Yes.

Looks good. When you gonna post it?

Soon, Maximus, I was just gonna wait for any feedback some people might have and then send to one of the (working) CM mod sites. I will probably send it off tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by Lordfluffers (edited 03-05-2001).]

Guest sitzkrieg

Excellent work!

I really liked Tiger's original (probably the best JagdPanther mod available, IMHO) but I think the camo on this would lead me to use yours instead.

Just wondering, could u guys post the original version as well as your mod? I'm kind of new at the game so it's hard for me to say "oh yeah that's way better!" when I can't even say that I've seen one yet. I think it's the Outpost maybe that posts original pics and then the improved pics on their site?? Anyways I just think it's really helpful in allowing me to compare which is better

Guest Lord General MB

Soldier,

Ahhh.... SOme Very nice work! I hope Tiger does'nt mind.... Anyway: When will they be availible?

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Thanks for the responses guys!! The original, Canuck, is at www.combatmissions.com. Its having difficulties at the moment though so I'm not sure if its up. Tiger has kindly given me permission to release material based on his work. Thank you Tiger!!! smile.gif

Now for some close ups...

(P.S. I don't know wheter its worth camo'ing the back. I felt that if I was the crew I'd be satisfied with just the superstructrue camoed. what do you think???)

View?u=1510164&a=11406534&p=42984250&Sequence=0&res=high

View?u=1510164&a=11406534&p=42984251&Sequence=0&res=high

Really good looking tankhunters.

Originally posted by Lordfluffers:

(P.S. I don't know wheter its worth camo'ing the back. I felt that if I was the crew I'd be satisfied with just the superstructrue camoed. what do you think???)

I think that the crew would want at least all the upper deck to be camoed for the allied air forces. Even on the back.

Ari

It is my understanding that camo was applied to the entire upper hull and top of vehicles. Not to say that some crews wouldn't leave part of it undone, but I think that would definitely be the exception rather than the rule. As Ari said, one of the purposes of camo was to conceal the vehicle from air assets.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to host this one along with your Jgdpz IVs, if you want.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Free hosting for your CM pictures!

It looks very good but I would put in my vote for a camo-ing and zimmerit-ing of the rear as well.

the rear if anything was one of the areas most likely for zimmerit application I know it was never needed at all but if it had ever been needed the rear would have been the most in need of it.

Camo is a wrap-around thingie, yes maybe some crews / field shops wouldn't get the paint job done completely before anything happens but that wozuld be the exception, not he rule (far from it).

Doghouse: where did you get that from?

------------------

"Me tank is still alive me churchill's crew must be laughing there heads off." (GAZ_NZ)

Gawd, I'm gonna agree with Hofbauer? biggrin.gif Yeah, I've never heard of black rings being common either Doghouse. I guess on reflection though, I'd also agree that the paste, or at least the camo probably would be better done all around at that.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 03-18-2001).]

Thanks for renewed interest guys! I haven't finished it yet as I have been working on my college work and interest didn't seem to be that great. Doghouse Reilly do you live in T.O.???? I know a bar just off St Clairs, on Yonge St, called 'Doghouse Reillys'. As for the camo, I will add it and send it to Gustav if he'll have it. Not for a few days though cos it was my birthday on Friday and Im in recovery...

P.S. Sorry manx I knew it was combatmissions.net not combatmissions.com, but didn't realise I had posted as .com. Sorry!!!!

Sorry Doghouse ..but the black rings denote that the vehicle has had 5-10 afv vehicles killed. The crew would mark single afv vehicles in a white ring...once their kill tally got to 5-10 afvs they would paint a black band. This was used by crew"s who had high kill scores...the best example is M.Wittmans Tiger 1 on the Eastern Front in winter 1943/44..that pix in the snow with his crew and himself under the barrel with 88 kills marked on it.

Reference is Panzer Colours 2 page 90 - Victory Markings

Hey Lord ...nice JP ;P

Keep up the good work smile.gif

Regards

Måkjager

------------------

Once an Ubërcabbage

Always an Ubërcabbage

[This message has been edited by Måkjager (edited 03-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Måkjager (edited 03-18-2001).]

Yes, please do the rear. It looks - well - kind of - not done. Besides as soon as their company commander saw it, he'd make them finish it. But apart from that it really is very nice. I'd use it - if finished of course.