Mod Preview!!!

From the depths of Super Action Pack™ Products' ultra-top-secret Mod Development Lab comes a sneak preview of the Super Action Pack 5 playset for CMBO.

DAKproto1.jpg

As you can see it's still in development, but coming along nicely. Anyone wanna guess what the theme is this time? :D

More to come...

Should be available in time for Xmas.

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Hey Andrew, whatever happened to your pants mod? It looked great!<hr></blockquote>

Uh, I just moved and things have been a bit chaotic. I need to consolidate all the files and then upload them from work, as I lost my DSL connection when I moved out into the woods where I am now. Thanks for the reminder. I'll get them ready for release soon.

smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cubbies Phan:

Some notes:

Tunic looks a bit too washed out to me. If you have some real live pics for reference then I might change my mind.

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: Cubbies Phan ]<hr></blockquote>

Umm. Ok. This version is supposed to look washed out, as that's how things got in the desert. It's not done yet, anyhow. If they had been ready to show at the time I would have posted pix of the dark version.

DAKproto4.jpg

:D

I'm doing two sets, since people always whine that my uniform mods are not dirty/weathered/washed out enough, and then Maximus goes and makes a version with some weird filter applied to make them look "wrinkly." ;)

Patience.

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]</p>

Another outstanding job on uniforms. Thank you once again. You amaze me Andrew. :eek: smile.gif

PS: I don't normally like to say anything about a perfect mod but I do have to agree that the helmets do seem just a little too washed out. Don't get me wrong helmets should be real dusty and all but this looks a little too much in my humble opinion, but hey still a very fine job and I'd be happy to take as is.

Here's a little Monkeybutt-ing around I did with Andrew's standard Heer and SS uniforms.

First a black Gestapo-esk looking SS uniform complete with red Nazi armband.

ns-5-vi.jpg?1004592023

And now a slight redo of of Maximus's feldgrau repaint of Andrew's Heer uniform. This one I did to try to match a screenshot of the new FPS "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" game. I had to green up the tunic a little bit and then painted the pants grey.

ns-6-vi.jpg?1004510352

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Are those desert boots, or are they ahistoric canvas gaiters? Desert boots would have laces, no?<hr></blockquote>

No, they are historic canvas gaiters ;) . DAK wore them with the low desert boots or regular Wehrmacht boots. The high desert boots that you're probably thinking of are proving difficult to model in CM, but I'm trying.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MikeT:

That is some lovely work. Care to do some freelance work for CMW?

MikeT<hr></blockquote>

Whattaya have in mind? My REAL freelance work is getting a little in the way of my CM mod work these days, but I'm game. smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cubbies Phan:

Here's a little Monkeybutt-ing around I did with Andrew's standard Heer and SS uniforms.

First a black Gestapo-esk looking SS uniform complete with red Nazi armband.

ns-5-vi.jpg?1004592023

<hr></blockquote>

Nice work...when can we get it?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Here's a little Monkeybutt-ing around I did with Andrew's standard Heer and SS uniforms. <hr></blockquote>

hey cubbies phan, great work, would love to get a copy of both those if you would be so kind. i'm also in chicago and a big time fan. cool to see other chicago people here enjoying the game.

I thought it would be super-cool to make some tropical-issue shorts for the DAK. Unfortunately it looks pretty weird on the regular Heer soldiers, as the 3D model for the legs represents the trousers bloused out of leggings. It kind of works with the FJ, since they have straight legs:

shorts1.jpg

shorts2.jpg

It still looks kind of funny, and from certain angles it looks like they're wearing khaki-colored spandex cyclists shorts, but I think it's acceptable enough to include for those of you twisted enough to want to use them. tongue.gif

Dig the blue socks!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rupert_2:

Nice work, though they do look like bunch of Biffa Beef's from the Beano comic !! :eek:

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Rupert_2 ]<hr></blockquote>

Arrgh--culture gap! I wish I knew what the Biffa Beef's are... :confused: I don't remember ever seeing the Beano comic in the States.