A plea for realistic explosion mods

• 4 weeks later...

Originally posted by Pud:

As a suggestion, if like the sound of mortars in CC3 et al, could always grab a wav file from there and use that. I intend to do this one of these days, assuming it can be done.

Now the question is, could you get the idea to work? wink.gif

Earlier today downloaded and installed all of Scipio's sound mods. The battlefield is ALIVE!! Unlike a lot of you guys, I have no real battlefield experience, and the CO on my boomer was against the opening of our onboard Grenade range (spoilsport), but from my layperson perspective, the various sounds just sound

. Maybe it's just the newness, but I like em! Good work Scipio! Thanks!

Bigmac out!

PS the new HMG sounds scare me...

------------------

All CM All the time!

Check out the Dogs of War CM Players Community

Hey guys,

This is a great thread and explosion graphics is diffinetley something that should be looked at. I don't think it is possible to meet all the requirements we are after though.

First of all we can only mod tiles that already exist so we can't make different explosions for different situations only mod the ones we do have. (I think) smile.gif

I had a quick look and found a couple of the explosion tiles.

Tiles 1700-1717 seem to be your standard tank fire.

Tiles 1720-1729 seem to be a major fire ball probarly a tank being hit.

If nobody else is going to give it a go I've got a mate that owes me a few favours that is a modding extrordaniere. I'm sure i can persuade him to have a look at it.

Don't know if you noticed or not Stix, but Scipio also had Explosion mods. I haven't had a chance to see many of em yet since I just installed them today. If you want to see which tiles are affected, look at the ones Scipio has modded... Just a suggestion.

Bigmac out!

------------------

All CM All the time!

Check out the Dogs of War CM Players Community

Thnx Bigmac i'll go and have a look at those.

The main explosion tiles i was looking for i couldn't find.

The big shock wave one ya get when a shell hits the groud. It all seems way to neat and tidy. I'll look through Scipio's mod's to try and find them.

I will be including some new explosion sounds with my latest sound mod update. Should be finished with it fairly soon. As soon as I get them off to Bruno and he gives me the thumbs up that is... smile.gif

------------------

Jon Johnson

Audio/Video Productions

Matrix Games

Speaking of which....Hey Bruno, I lost your email add, send me a mail to jon165@swbell.net if you are still interested in testing these new sounds...

[This message has been edited by NCrawler (edited 03-31-2001).]