Best ladder

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

What is the ladder that most CM players use? I have been told tournamenthouse. Is this right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might depend on how you intend to play most of your games. If your going to be doing much TCP/IP, Tournament House is the way to go. If your a PBEM only guy I would recommend Rugged Defense. I've never tried TH, but I've been on the RL ladder for months and like it.

TH is wide open, no-holds-barred, slug-fest where every weakness in the CM model is exploited to the fullest by the highest ranked players. If you want to PLAY CM and learn to master the GAME, then TH is by far the best. By far. Players from outside the TH "family" routinely get torched when playing against the top tier of THers. :(

If you are, instead, interested in recreating a sense of WWII and simulating battles that are "more" historically probable, the members of RD tend to be a tad less "gamey"; however, you will still see the obligatory PzIV/70s, Jumbo's, US Airborne and Volks SMGers on occasion.

I am unfamiliar with the other ladders. Good luck. ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

TH is wide open, no-holds-barred, slug-fest where every weakness in the CM model is exploited to the fullest by the highest ranked players.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say, rather, that any weakness in the CM engine will be exploited by the TH players. By this I mean that any in-game aspect of CM that we know how to exploit, we will.

However, in my experience (which is large), almost all TH players are very flexible about accepting force selection limits. I, for example, always disallow flame vehicles and flak trucks in my games. I have never had anyone say this is not acceptable. Similarly I tend to play in July 44 (before PzIV/70 and before VGs).

People even play with Fionn's 75 at TH, though this is less common. Certainly people know what it is (and know what to pick), and I doubt it would be much of a problem to get a game.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Players from outside the TH "family" routinely get torched when playing against the top tier of THers.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there any evidence of this, or is it just a fable we like to tell ourselves?