original demo scenario?

Does anyone still have the original demo scenario. I'm not talking about Chance Encounter, but the other demo. I can't recall the name of it, but the Germans were the attackers out of a wooded area and the US defended some buildings in front of a hill. If anyone still has it, I would sincerely appreciate it if you could e-mail to mscano@earthlink.net. You never forget your first time! :D :eek:

Reisberg, but the Germans were the defenders, ahh my first experience with the 88. You are right you never forget your first time...... course I am at work so sorry. iirc doesn't work with CM, not sure if it worked with gold demo as it now is,

I think there is a re-working of it version2 so to speak. Didn't rune "evil" it up?

[ 06-01-2001: Message edited by: jdmorse ]

He must mean Last Defence (defending in front of a hill). It exists on the shipping version of CM.

If you wanted to play the _original_, you'd have to load up the beta demo. It plays quite differently than the final version, especially in the higher persistence of smoke and easier spotting.

Yes, the scenario is The Last Defense. It shipped with the game along with the other two scenarios: Reisberg and Chance Encounter. The only scenario that didn't come with the game was Valley of Trouble from the Gold Demo and that was easily optainable.

Talking about how much the game has been tweaked since the Beta Demo. The couple of times I've tried playing Reisberg again, I get my ass handed to me. From either side!

[ 06-01-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

Was Last Defence the scenario before they had walls on the buildings in game? I downloaded a demo waaaaay back where only the floor of a building and the roofs were visible, I had no idea what was going on or how to do anything in the game. that was my first experience with CM!

Mord.