An answer to Simon Fox

UsEr: REPEAT: Is this a hard concept for you matty? Does every thread you get into turn into fruitless discourses?

Insofar as I typically only post to threads to which you insist upon regularly placing your “shredded” feet into your large mouth, I can honestly say that the threads I post to typically end up in “fruitless discourses”.

In spite of your – ahem :rolleyes: – first hand knowledge of the subject at hand, if you will cease and desist from posting on this thread I’m sure it will rapidly return to a “fruitful discourse”. However, I suspect you will carry on in your usual mode, and continue to misconstrue, misrepresent, miscomprehend, and vehemently pursue the forums honorary title of village simpleton.

At Ease “Static Engineer” LeWIs. Do carry on with your static engineering duties. :D

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Username:

Brian

Talking with you is an exercise in futility. Dont despair. I think that there can be some good come of this. You and matty can compare notes and be pen pals.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such sarcasm won't win you any friends, Lewis.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

You should ease up on the ginger-beers perhaps.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*SIGH*, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised as someone as narrow minded as yourself couldn't recognise rythming-slang, Lewis. Ginger-beers - Engineers.

I never said your experience is anything. But it is not a combat experience (by your own admission) and its nice that you have peacetime preferences but its not the end all to any discussion. Your knowledge is limited to your experience. So is mine. I can tell you that and so can anyone else. I prefer a combat vets thank you very much.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lewis, I served with soldiers who had served in more conflicts than you could shake a stick at. One, a good friend, was a WO1 who wore a Pacific Star, a Korean War medal, a General Service Medal, with clasp (for Malaya, twice) and a Vietnam War medal with clasp (for two tours of SVN). He, along with various other NCO's and SNCO's who I served with, had been in the army since Adam was in three-cornered pants. I knew one Corporal, who was a Ginger-Beer who used to be dined in at the officer's mess by the Command's Brigadier, whose life he had saved in Korea.

I was trained by soldiers who had done usually at least one if not two or even three tours of South Vietnam, as well as Malaya and in some cases Borneo as well.

My experience might have been limited to peacetime but I and my colleagues were very much trained for war. A tradition which still continues and which has served the ADF well in places as diverse as Africa and East Timor.

I have in the main limited myself to what I can directly contribute, Lewis. I haven't said anything which hasn't been backed by others.

You, however, have gone off on wild tangents, trying to reclassify weapons wily-nily to fit your own very strange ideas on how war was and is conducted.

No one said anything about validity.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you've been generally dismissive of anybody whom you disagree with, Lewis. You're not as patronising as Slappy but you're both in the same league.

You are impossible to talk to. But still bearable compared to your new buddy matty.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Matthew seems to have his head screwed on right from what I've read thus far. I think I'd be quite happy to be counted as his "buddy". How about you Matthew?