Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Newbie Scenario Creation Questions

This is my first post to the forum, so I'll get the obligatory ranting out of the way now - THIS GAME ROCKS!! I'm not a big games fan and I usually find games that have my friends transfixed for days bore me within an hour or two. Not CM. I discovered it a few weeks ago and have been playing it almost daily since. Yeah, yeah - you've heard all this before, but it had to be said.

Now to my questions. I'm starting to find my way around the scenario creator and am creating a fictional scenario about a Waffen SS advance down a narrow and heavily defended valley.

(i) How do I place units? I've designed the terrain so that the defenders have plenty of nifty places to dig in and place AT guns, but when I select the units for the scenario I find them placed randomly (in the case of the Allied defenders) or along the Axis edge of the board (in the case of the Jerries). I hope there's a simple solution to this, as my scenario is somewhat lacking if I can't set things up myself. What am I overlooking?

(ii) How do I create location labels for villages and landmarks? I also can't find how/where I can set these?

(iii) What do the different zone colours for the Axis/Allied zones signify? Different countries? Different types of zone?

Thanks in advance. ;)

I'll probably end up repeating what someone else will reply to first:

1) Click on the "Preview" button in the editor. This will allow you to see your troops and place them like the setup turn of a scenario. You can also lock their location down (right click on the unit, I'm not sure what the Mac keyboard shortcut is) and prevent the player from placing the unit/item in a different location.

2) In the Map Editor you can hold down the Ctrl key and click on a location on the map. A dialog box should pop up for you to type the Landmark text into. The landmark will be designated by a small, upside-down (?), yellow triangle, which you can click on again and edit/delete the text. If you delete all of the text and "OK" it then the landmark will disappear.

3) The different zone colors allow you to divide the setup of a side (Axis or Allied)into fixed zones. So if you have say, two columns approaching a town, you can make sure that the forces aren't distributed in a manner that you don't intend (by the player) between the two setup zones (i.e. - one company in one setup zone and another company in the other setup zone). Units in one colored zone can't be placed in a differently colored zone.

[ 07-28-2001: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

• 5 weeks later...