Manx, is your site down?

Since the site was moved to a new server a few months ago, the site has only been down a couple of times that i am aware of. One was a server problem that lasted a few hours and the other was for about 30 mins due to server maintenance work.

The only thing i can think of is this - you might be trying to access certain pages on the site whilst i am in the middle of uploading updates. That may cause the page/site to come back as not found or something.

As Gremlin suggested earlier, always attempt to do a forced refresh due to the fact that a page might still show up as being down because it is stored in the browsers cache even when everything is ok.

It's been timing out for me for about the past week. I suspect some routing instability - a traceroute returns "destination unreachable" from the 15th hop from my main net connection, but a quick check reveals that a different account that I have can reach it successfully in 12 hops.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FriendlyFire:

It's been timing out for me for about the past week. I suspect some routing instability - a traceroute returns "destination unreachable" from the 15th hop from my main net connection, but a quick check reveals that a different account that I have can reach it successfully in 12 hops.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info. Obviously, some things are out of my control. I will have a word with the hosting company to see if there is any reason for this diabolical behaviour.

:mad: