Got a few questions for you. Be a good chap, and help me out.

Just some thoughts and question I was wondering about.

1.) Are Dead Zones modeled on tanks and vehicles?(The area around the vehicle that is not in veiw while buttoned.)

2.) When Assualting a postition, do most of you issue a move command to take advantage of more firepower but more exposure, or do you issue a Run command to get there quicker. The situation I am refering to is something like assualting the defenders who are in a group of buildings in front, and you are advancing through light woods until a small clearing near the buildings.

3.) In a typical Panzer platoon what would be a common composition of tanks. 4xPVIVs or a combo of IVs and Stugs or SPGuns??? Just wondering .

4.) Anyone notice that vehicles take just a bit to get up to full speed but stop on a dime?

5.) When using hedges or walls as cover, should you move the cursor to where it says "wall" or should you position the movement cursor just behind the wall. Will the wall give cover if units are just behind it and not positioned on it?

6.) Shouldn't Flamethorwers be able to run very short distances? I have seen WW2 Footage that show them sprinting a bit to get into positions. Their speed seems highly exagerated to me. I know it is heavy, but a man when under fire or in danger will find the strength to hoof it.

7.) Are there any Allied Winter Uniforms out there. Been looking but can't find any.

Thats it for now.

Thanks!

SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, and SPAM. I Love Spam!!!

This Parrot has ceased to exist!

And now for something completely different.

Clinton

1. Don't think so

2. How long do you like getting shot at in the open?

3. 4 Pz-IVs for a Wehrmacht, 5 Pz-IVs for a SS platoon, Stugs and would usually have 3 Stugs and one StuH42 in a platoon. SPGs would be made along battery lines, I think 4 to a battery but I could be wrong.

4. I just played a game the other day where I had a panther flying down a paved road and it took an immbolizing hit right at the edge of the map and rolled right off the battlefield. smile.gifsmile.gif

5. Anywhere pretty close to a wall should take care of you.

6. Yes, flamethrowers pretty much suck for attacking. Try using you other infantry to soften the enemy up then send in HTs with Flamethrowers.

7. Yes, check the CMHQ in the uniforms section. For Redcoat and Canuck uniforms...

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

Clinton,

1. I doubt it, but I don't know for sure. If not in already, it'll have to be put in for CMBB. The Germans held specialized antitank training which specifically addressed blindspots and weapon depression limits for Russian tanks. The long defunct AFV-G2 magazine published direct copies of these illustrations from the German training manual.

2. The Run command gets you there faster, but with greatly increased vulnerability and decreased firepower. Move is the closest we presently have to an Assault command. A real one will be in CMBB.

3. Heer = Mk. IV/V all of one type; SS = 5 Mk.IV/V, all one type. This is the general rule. I know of entire panzer divisions whose strength consisted of three KV-1s.

4. Try accelerating 35 tons from a standing start some time. As for stopping, providing traction's decent, the entire contact area of the track is the braking surface. The resulting friction when the brakes are applied

is enormous compared to the minuscule footprint of a car or truck.

5. I'd say just behind it. Otherwise you'll be treated as being more exposed to fire because you're consired to be climbing over or wriggling through.

6. This is a real gripe to some of us and is solidly supported by evidence. I think it's being addressed in CMBB and successors. FTs suffer in CMBO when compared to their real world counterparts.

7. They exist, but I don't know who's got them. Try posting the question directly. It may not be seen here.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

John Kettler

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Clinton:

1.) Are Dead Zones modeled on tanks and vehicles?(The area around the vehicle that is not in veiw while buttoned.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorta, kinda. In CM tanks can spot 360 degrees around them, but they are much less likely to spot stuff not in front of them right away when buttoned.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>2.) When Assualting a postition, do most of you issue a move command to take advantage of more firepower but more exposure, or do you issue a Run command to get there quicker.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd run, assuming you are suppressing the defenders. If you don't have the defenders suppressed, your guys will die either way.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>5.) When using hedges or walls as cover, should you move the cursor to where it says "wall" or should you position the movement cursor just behind the wall. Will the wall give cover if units are just behind it and not positioned on it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BEHIND!. If your guys are right on the wall they will recieve no cover from it at all. As long as you are within 15m of the wall and it is between you and the guy shooting at you, you get the cover (unless he is at a significantly higher elevation).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>7.) Are there any Allied Winter Uniforms out there. Been looking but can't find any.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure there's some at CMHQ. I know Maximus did some a while back.

[ 07-10-2001: Message edited by: Vanir Ausf B ]