CM Meeting scheduled in China!!!!

I am missing out on all the CM meetings going on around the world - so i am arranging one of my own here in Shanghai - a free beer to anyone that can make it :D

Ok, ok, make that 2 beers.

I shall be the lonely figure lurking in the shadows of the bar glued to a laptop playing a hotseat game with myself, you can't miss me - i will be the only one in the room with round eyes.

Please advise your flight schedules in advance!

CDIC

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captitalistdoginchina:

I am missing out on all the CM meetings going on around the world - so i am arranging one of my own here in Shanghai - a free beer to anyone that can make it :D

Ok, ok, make that 2 beers.

I shall be the lonely figure lurking in the shadows of the bar glued to a laptop playing a hotseat game with myself, you can't miss me - i will be the only one in the room with round eyes.

Please advise your flight schedules in advance!

CDIC<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now wait you gamey bastard, Griffin Cheng + is in China, although he has been scarce lately.

Griffin is in Hong Kong - a 2 hour flight from here, although we did meet in HK for a beer twice! I also met Hal9000 (Willard Li)for a beer in Hong Kong as well. But not too many CM players in this neck of the woods.

Wasps are cool Michael - especially when your opponent decides not to buy any AT teams, guns, tanks or arty ;) Those little Wasps can then run riot he he he. Since our game i have not had the nerve to buy another - i felt too guilty :rolleyes:

CDIC

Capitalistdoginchina,

I'm in Taiwan, so it's kind of in my neighborhood :D Sadly, I won't be able to make it to Shanghai.

I remember back in '93 the beer in China was really cheap and not bad quality. Hope that hasn't changed over the last few years. The beer in Taiwan sucks ..... but we do have the best tea in the world ... Wulong!

Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Argentina, Canada, The UK, South Africa, Australia, ... you know, I bet the people who really made a mint out of CM were FedEx or whoever it was who had the shipping contract.

Oh, them and Amazon - damn their eyes for having the CM-related books I want! :mad:

Oh yeah, and the computer manufacturers too - spending a couple of grand to play a $50 game seemed to make sense at the time ... redface.gif

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: JonS ]

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: JonS ]

Hi Viceroy,

What languages do you teach in Taiwan? The beer is still cheap here in China, and its quite good these days, but i think that is not a good enough reason to tempt anyone to fly in for my little meeting ;) I know a few Kiwi teachers in Taiwan.

Best wishes to the little province of China, i will make it over for a trip one of these days.

CDIC

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captitalistdoginchina:

Hi Viceroy,

I know a few Kiwi teachers in Taiwan.

CDIC<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe you know my Brother Ben. He spent a couple of years teaching at 'Merry land' ESL

school in Tai chung I think.

He came back to NZ for a few months recently, and got right into cm while he was here. Japan's where he is at the moment.

The slackarse was supposed to mail me a pbem once he got settled but hasn't, which is a pity because he was starting to show some talent. I reckon, if a good soul such as yourself were to throw down the gauntlet, it would be just the ticket to get him back in the loop.

So if you would like some opposition 'closer' to home, mail me and I'll sort out some details.

The rumors of me being dead or scare or even out of CM community are totally false! tongue.gif

I am here.

Frankly, I have never been to Shanghai, Guangzhou (Canton) is the farthest north I have tried. Shame. I always wanted to be there. I am very busy right now so I expect I may be free either towards the end of Oct or some time around Xmas. I am not sure but the current project is just too damn engaging!

CDIC, how bout a PBEM to clam your thirst? ;) You remember the last game I....

FREE BEER?!??!

Monday I will be in Bangkok and when I continue later to the Philippines to visit a good friend of mine I might do a little detour with a stop in Shanghai...first I haven't been there yet and second I would travel hundereds of miles for FREE BEER!!!

And maybe I can convince the guy from Manila to come over too since he's a CM player as well (currently kicking my butt in a large bocage battle :( ).

And I always travel with my CM CD and my mod CD!!!

Cheers!

Marcus