Women In War

I was reading the "Enemy At The Gates" thread and I was just thinking.. The Soviets had a lot of women in their armed forces that actually fought alongside the men. I know they had women fighter pilots and women in the infantry that saw action. Not sure if they had women tank crews and women in their artillery units.

I wonder if BTS will take this into consideration when they start working on CM2? Our own forces had women during WW2 but they were mainly behind the line support roles. Although it wouldnt suprise me if a few of our women saw some action. Certainly not on the same level as the Soviets though. Will we see Soviet women on the battlefield?

The Soviets needed to fend off the Germans at all costs. They threw everyone into the front lines they could to push the Germans out of Soviet territory. Except for Pearl Harbor America never had that type of real threat.

What do you gamers think? Add women or not? Should it be all male? Curious as to what BTS has to say on the subject too.

~Skott~

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

Your right that is very PC. But just work on your painting skills Skott and you could change the face and uniforms to an all Amazon warrior army. Hehehe

Deadmarsh, were you in a bad mood when you posted that?

The Russians used battalions of female soldiers in full combat conditions, this is historical fact, therefore it could be included, whether you think women were put on this earth for "one thing" or not my friend. Although I doubt very much if BTS will run with it.

Saw a documentary about Kursk battle, there one highly (some 15 medals) decorated woman tank commander shared her memories how her tank was in the action.

her main concern in the war days were lack of hygine (you know what I am talking about :)

------------------

In the flat field I get bored...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

F*CK THE WOMEN!

Women are only good for one thing....and you know what that is Scott. I sure as hell don't wanna see no damn women on the battlefield. If I do, I won't play this game. How's that for PC?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my stars . . . you certainly are asking for it, aren't you? [http://www.fluffkitty.com/cathate.gif]How's this for PC?

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

F*CK THE WOMEN!

Women are only good for one thing....and you know what that is Scott. I sure as hell don't wanna see no damn women on the battlefield. If I do, I won't play this game. How's that for PC?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, mate!

Bit of a loner are ya? Not bloody surprising if that's what you think of women.

Just keep your idiotic remarks to yourself in the future.

Mace

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

Hey, mate!

Bit of a loner are ya? Not bloody surprising if that's what you think of women.

Just keep your idiotic remarks to yourself in the future.

Mace

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not alone, mate. I think this is more his style though.

rural.gif

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

Guest KwazyDog

Deadmarsh, I dont care what damn mood you were in when you posted that but I consider it a totally unsuitable post and very very small minded. On top of that it personally makes me angry to see such trash posted to our forum.

I am as close as Ive ever been to banning someone from this forum after reading your comments and I suggest that you take your problems elsewhere and sober up before returning here. I will be passing this thread onto Steve for his thoughts in the morning and I do *not* want to see any follow up posts.

I am sorry skott that your question goes unanswered but it will have to for the time being.

Dan