PC Gamer's top 50 games of all time, look where CM is!!

Came into my mind... theres no Tetris ;)

I never played it much but it tore my nerves to see others play it all of the time!

Stellarrat,

Ahh... I remember Falcon 4 too.

Railroad tycoon was addictive too (I guess I have its amiga box still in the closet)

Can't really say that is the list of best games.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Came into my mind... theres no Tetris ;)

I never played it much but it tore my nerves to see others play it all of the time!

Stellarrat,

Ahh... I remember Falcon 4 too.

Railroad tycoon was addictive too (I guess I have its amiga box still in the closet)

Can't really say that is the list of best games.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shatter:

48: Beavis & Butthead in Virtual Stupidity

What the F%#$

Anyone who even bought this game ought to be shot.

Sorry if I am offending anyone, but come on Beavis and Buthead. LOL LOL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You never played it, did you?... Must not have been gaming (mainstream gaming, not wargaming) back then, eh? Huge title and loads of fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shatter:

48: Beavis & Butthead in Virtual Stupidity

What the F%#$

Anyone who even bought this game ought to be shot.

Sorry if I am offending anyone, but come on Beavis and Buthead. LOL LOL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You never played it, did you?... Must not have been gaming (mainstream gaming, not wargaming) back then, eh? Huge title and loads of fun.

Hmmm... Re-reading the list... no Strike Commander (thought I guess one could add it into the 'Wing' commander series.... same audience, same storytelling style) or Interstate '76... Two great 'light' sims with big fun stories and in the case of I76 the funkiest bad-assed soundtack around!

Hmmm... Re-reading the list... no Strike Commander (thought I guess one could add it into the 'Wing' commander series.... same audience, same storytelling style) or Interstate '76... Two great 'light' sims with big fun stories and in the case of I76 the funkiest bad-assed soundtack around!

Congrats to CM and BTS.

As far as the rest of the list goes, most of my faves are there as well (X-Com...ooohhhhahhhhhhhhh...the memories). I think the old sub sim Red Storm Rising should be there, but I'm weird like that.

The one absolutely unforgivable omission is of the Thief games.

Congrats to CM and BTS.

As far as the rest of the list goes, most of my faves are there as well (X-Com...ooohhhhahhhhhhhhh...the memories). I think the old sub sim Red Storm Rising should be there, but I'm weird like that.

The one absolutely unforgivable omission is of the Thief games.

If you think 50th is bad, lets look at games (obviously those I enjoyed) that didn't make the list at all....

Red Baron series

Close Combat series

Masters of Magic

Railroad Tycoon

M1 Tank Platoon

Gunship

Grand Prix

Indianapolis 500

Front Page Sports Football

Falcon series

MOST other wargames (Gettysburg, Ancient Art of War, Shogun, etc.)

Dune

Myst

Warlords

Hexen/Heritic

F19

Great Naval Battles

Dungeons and Dragons Gold Box Series

and the list goes on and on....

To make the TOP fifty is truly phenomenal given a good fifteen year gaming history in a multi-billion dollar industry.

If you think 50th is bad, lets look at games (obviously those I enjoyed) that didn't make the list at all....

Red Baron series

Close Combat series

Masters of Magic

Railroad Tycoon

M1 Tank Platoon

Gunship

Grand Prix

Indianapolis 500

Front Page Sports Football

Falcon series

MOST other wargames (Gettysburg, Ancient Art of War, Shogun, etc.)

Dune

Myst

Warlords

Hexen/Heritic

F19

Great Naval Battles

Dungeons and Dragons Gold Box Series

and the list goes on and on....

To make the TOP fifty is truly phenomenal given a good fifteen year gaming history in a multi-billion dollar industry.

50 is a great feat considering the hundreds(thousands?) of games that have ever come out since the PC/Mac has been available.

But really, this list has some problems. For starters, they list some games as series but Civilization II only gets listed. Civ 1 should have been in there too, especially if they're going to say "Warcraft Series". Because we know Warcraft 1 wasn't all that great. It certainly doesn't fall into the greatness that Civ 1 does.

How does Diablo beat out Baldur's Gate? Twitch crowd, that's how.

50 is a great feat considering the hundreds(thousands?) of games that have ever come out since the PC/Mac has been available.

But really, this list has some problems. For starters, they list some games as series but Civilization II only gets listed. Civ 1 should have been in there too, especially if they're going to say "Warcraft Series". Because we know Warcraft 1 wasn't all that great. It certainly doesn't fall into the greatness that Civ 1 does.

How does Diablo beat out Baldur's Gate? Twitch crowd, that's how.