CM to religious - bug?

I noticed that CM places often more then one churches in a QB with village. (Today I've seen three).

Usual in European villages is only one church - a catholic or protestant, rarely both together.

Okay, that's not REALLY a problem, but...

[This message has been edited by Scipio (edited 01-19-2001).]

•Does it really, really matter?

•Maybe BTS is just showing that the world's religions can succesfully cooperate.

•If you don't like it, reduce one church to rubble.

•If it delayed the release of CM2 by five minutes spent on another CMBO update, I'd be totally against it.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

I've also noticed that CM never places any whorehouses in villages, even though I know for a fact that there are several whorehouses in Amsterdam. I demand that this crippling bug be fixed by noon tomorrow.

------------------

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

-Bertrand Russell

Whorehouses schmorehouses, where are the outhouses? Now I know for a fact that Europe was just chock full of outhouses. It's a little unsanitary without them, and where else are they supposed to go to read a map.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 01-19-2001).]

I'm glad this topic has been brought up. I for one am appalled that there are no windmills in any scenarios I've ever played. What's up with that? Too many churches, no whorehouses or windmills, there are just so many things wrong with this game that I refuse to play it until these glaring errors are corrected! mad.gif

Now I've only been to Europe twice in 20 years, but I did live there for 2 1/2 years and then at least, many of the smaller towns had more that one church - Not the teeny 20 house places like some of the CM towns, but mid size villages, yes. (This was in Germany)

Second trip last year was to Spain, churches all over the place!!

i dont post that much but you know....i had to come off the side lines for this one ...quit complaining about nothing!.....two churches,shesh ....ask relevant questions....bts will give relevant responses...

im not pissed ...by the way

------------------

MAKE IT SHORT AND SWEET THEN GET THE F#$K OUT

Why does ANYONE get bent out of shape over a harmless and slightly funny post?

I'm hopeing to see an espresso stand mod soon, cause I'll spend the entire scenario blasting them to rubble.

------------------

John "Hedu" Babarovich,

Jagdeschwader 26, Warbirds

Guest Michael emrys

Where are the cafes? Taverns? Libraries? Whatever happened to culture? (Oh, that's right; I forgot. Goebbels shot it with his pistol.)

Michael

I don't know about French villages, but in this country there are churches everywhere. It's not at all uncommon to have two or more churches in close proximity. There is actually a junction in Edinburgh called Holy Corner because there are like four churches next to each other.

I'll be going in to Edinburgh soon with my digital camera, so watch out for the reappearance of my "Photography Mission" thread. =)

David

I don't think that is a bug Deanco, I'm pretty sure that is the Vatican setting from the Popemobile mod.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rlh1138:

Now I've only been to Europe twice in 20 years, but I did live there for 2 1/2 years and then at least, many of the smaller towns had more that one church - Not the teeny 20 house places like some of the CM towns, but mid size villages, yes. (This was in Germany)

Second trip last year was to Spain, churches all over the place!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of village sizes in CM, I have done a map of my neighborhood area. Now in real life this area isn't that big at all. In fact you can drive through it in about a minute. But in CM terms, the map is a HUGE map which is roughly 1680mx1280m. This goes to show you on how small the typical CM engagement really is.

I'm not quite done with the map because I'm basing it on 10 year old terrain data and it has changed since then with a 4-lane highway replacing the railroad tracks that are in it therefore I can't quite recall the tree layouts of the land back then in certain areas that were affected by the new highway.

But as for the number of churches, yes, there are in fact two churches sharing the same block of land actually. My Catholic Church and some generic Protestant church.

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LOOONG life!"--Minsc, BGII

"Boo points, I punch."--Minsc, BGII

"Buttkicking for goodness!"--Minsc, BGII

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot.