Veteran, Crack and Elite

I noticed a difference between Greens and Regulars.

I am not sure I noticed a difference between Veterans, Cracks or Elites. I imagine it's a matter of degree.

I *think* the Crack / Elite units are more likely to be suicidal, as they never seem to leave hot spots.

Have you noticed any difference between these three categories of troops?

Despite the relatively low difference in cost between Crack and Veterans, I found that Crack units exert about twice the firpower and can take several times the damage Veteran troops can dish out!

I found this out the hard way, unfortunately frown.gif

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Guest Space Thing

One important thing is that the length of the Command delay can depend on the experience of the troops (except vehicles) and whether it is in command range of a perent HQ. That means a veteran unit will begin to shoot & move before regular, green, or conscript troops.

From Veteran on up they also don't freeze as often at the sight of the first casualty taken and when receiving indirect fire they also take measures to get out of the impact area as quickly as possible. All this is quite crucial to the infantry units naturally.

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima