A Problem With My Lawn

A picture tells a thousands words...here is my problem:

http://www.geocities.com/jeffduquette/stuff3/grass_match.html

I have had this effect for a while now. I don't know now what grass MOD I am using, but I recall that the “infinity” area around a scenario map used to match well with the color of the on map grass. How do I get that effect again? What bmp needs switching out, and how do I get it to match on map grass color?

Thanks for any help.

Jeff, you wanna change BMP file 1503. Use a copy of the the third, fourth or fifth (1552, 1553 or 1554, your choice, depending on taste) grasstile as a replacement for it.

Hope it's clear enough.

Juju

Edit: Okay, to be a bit clearer as to what's happening: CMBO has two stock sets of grasses installed on your HD. One 'medium res' (the one you're probably seeing onscreen) and one lo-res set (for the 'graphically challenged' :D). The area off-map is represented by the fourth BMP of the lo-ress set. If you change the other set (1550-1569) you need to manually change the 1503 BMP since so far no modder thought about adding that specific file.

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: Juju ]

Ah, I had the same problem some time ago, file 1503 !!

One precision though : if you use HiRes grass, you'd better switch 1503.bmp to lores - not only is the extra VRAM usage unnecessary, it also looks BETTER in lo-res.

You have to use a Paint/PhotoShop software to reduce the BMP size to 1/4 of the original, that's all.

BTW, your lawn needs mowing, what Grass mod is this ? smile.gif

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: Pascal DI FOLCO ]