Locking Threads

Most of the off-topic threads about WW2 films or modern weapons etc., get moved to the General Discussion Forum.

Flame fests or Threads-About-The-Peng-Thread just get locked.

If anything it would be better if stupid threads were locked quicker (in an ideal world).

God almighty!!

MadMatt, my sincerest sympathies. There seem to be a hell of a lot of people who don't understand the reason for padlocking, or the concept of "forum clutter", and take the closure of one completely stupid thread as a prompt to start ten more.

Will it ever end...

Mr Aitken,

I thas become abundantly clear to me that all you are saying is in earnestness, and not in the tongue-in-cheek manner in which I strove to keep it. So I suppose I will need to reply to you in earnestness:

Isn't that Mad Matt's job?

If you (and people like you) hadn't responded, wouldn't the thread have sunk (or slunk) into infamy all by itsself?

What is the real problem?

Cluttered? To make room for what?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fred:

David,

no chance. They have one argument you can not beat: "Madmatt likes our humor".

So we have to live with these nonsense threads (right now I count 3 or 4 PENG threads...)

Fred<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, new one needed to be started up, and we dropped the ball on the transition. All will be resolved shortly and it will revert to one incarnation of the eternal Peng Challenge Thread.

Hey!! I got an idea, guys!!!! Why not skip ahead to the next topic if the thread doesn't fit your humor?! THAT WAY, if anyone wishes to read/post on goofy threads (even peng threads).. they are free to do so.. thats it! sounds simple, huh?

Zaff

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fred:

David,

don't feed the Dunnee troll...

Fred<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who'd a thunk I'd agree with Fred, but he's quite right, Mr. Aitken.

How 'bout a game and take your frustrations out on my Legions of Doom (not sure which side is doomed yet).

Fred, that offer is still open.