Hires Dirt road mod

Guest ckoharik

The only thing I could mention to add would be some ruts from vehicles using the road. They would not necessarily have to be overly expressed.

$.02

dirtroad2.jpg

Some shading, put in some more "pink holes" for terrain.

Anyone wants it email me. Probably relook at it over the weekend. Its 11.30pm and I <U>need</U> some beauty sleep. Im ugly enough as it is.

Pud

[This message has been edited by Pud (edited 03-22-2001).]

Guest Rollstoy

Hello Pud!

Looks nice! Maybe you should consider to reduce the saturation of the texture a little bit. Reality is pretty pale compared to computer games.

Regards, Thomm

Thanks for the input guys, will do as suggested. I was thinking it was a bit bright.

Gordon, shameless plug for your mod, IMHO the best done to date. Do you have anymore in the pipeline, perhaps a tiger?

Pud

"yawn!! 5.20 am"

If you want to send it to The Last Defense, I'd love to host it.

beigelemon@yahoo.com

------------------

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, Classic threads, and more!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Pud,

Looks excellent, but it's been my experience that mud is usually considerably darker shade. I'd go with a much darker brown and make the ruts almost black. Just my .02, and thanks for showing it off. Take care,

ianc

Pud,

They are great! Can you send me a copy please?

If you want to host it at CMCP, I will post it too.

Thanks in advance.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Get the CMSOD at Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

Originally posted by Pud:

Thanks for the input guys, will do as suggested. I was thinking it was a bit bright.

Gordon, shameless plug for your mod, IMHO the best done to date. Do you have anymore in the pipeline, perhaps a tiger?

Pud

"yawn!! 5.20 am"

Thanks. Well, right now I'm trying to get out from under the Whitewashed M4 and US camouflaged variants of Marco's latest M4 mod. After that I've been doodling on a number of different experiments, none of which currently includes a Tiger, but I've got an idea or two. smile.gif

Gordon

File available Here, its 1.3mb in size.

gunnergoz;

The texture comes from a file I had from my Close Combat 3 map making days. (ie vierville)

I will be looking at it this weekend to clean things up a bit.

Edited - new zip name.

[This message has been edited by Pud (edited 03-23-2001).]

Thanks for your kindness, Pud. I will test it over my Mac PB to see if it works for "lower-end" video sub-system.

Will post it before the end of the day.

Griffin.

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Get the CMSOD at Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

Prelimary test results on Mac.

Well @ 1024x768, it is almost as good as the pic shown here! Wow! Mac users, grab it!

My comments:

1. there is a slight mismatch problem when the dirt road meets the pave track. Load the "tutorial" scenario and see what I mean.

2. It is kinda grainly in "1" view mode.

Otherwise, it is sweet!

Griffin.

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Originally posted by GriffinCheng+:

1. there is a slight mismatch problem when the dirt road meets the pave track. Load the "tutorial" scenario and see what I mean.

Yep I found that one a few hours ago when I started doing a new paved road mod. Its not in the same sequence as the rest which is why I missed it. I will be able to email it to you Griffin in a few hours.

Thanks for the quality control.

Pud

Edited - 2 missing bmp's now added to zip.

or grab from here 626 & 627

[This message has been edited by Pud (edited 03-23-2001).]

I'd like to try this and see how it looks. Definately has my intererst. My only suggestion is perhaps a lighter shade, towards tan, but not too far, and also maybe darken up the track marks just a tad.

Like to see this when finished.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

I suppose v2 is on Pud's site. I am working on the zip file and post it to my site soon. It is just mid-night here...so..please be patient.

Griffin.

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"