One shot from Churchill kills 2 AFV's

Anyone ever seen this kind of thing before. My Churchill Mk VIII fires an HE shot (all he had left) at 2 Marders on a ridge, misses both but the explosion occurs right between both units & they both abandon! I couldn't believe it. Just when you think you've seen everything in this game, something new crops up & blows you away.

Suffice to say I was rather chuffed at this turn of events. smile.gif

Regards

Jim R.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Anyone ever seen this kind of thing before. My Churchill Mk VIII fires an HE shot (all he had left) at 2 Marders on a ridge, misses both but the explosion occurs right between both units & they both abandon! I couldn't believe it. Just when you think you've seen everything in this game, something new crops up & blows you away.

Suffice to say I was rather chuffed at this turn of events. smile.gif

Regards

Jim R.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That'll teach your opponent not to place

his vehicles so close together you lucky

b****** :)

regards,

--Rett

I've never seen that, but it's very cool that such a thing is possible.

My experience with Marders is that they are highly allergic to HE.

------------------

You've never heard music until you've heard the bleating of a gut-shot cesspooler. -Mark IV

All open-topped vehicles, especially if they're unbuttoned, are prone to KO by HE. The marder, with no upper rear hull armor, suffers moreso.

Hummel's, Wespe's, Sexton's, and Priest's are quite nasty against anything other than a medium/heavy tank. Come to think of it the Hummel is truly an evil machine smile.gif

Geez, that topic startled me... I was momentarily afraid they'd be mine.

Turn is on its way Kanon! smile.gif

------------------

I prefer an enemy who's willing to die for his country. That way both him and me have the same aim in mind.

I have had a Marder and a HT killed by the same 155 blast, which is sort of the same thing. I love the Marder for sending Shermans to hades, but it has paper walls.

Just wait, I was playing mongo39 and I had an MG jeep (given randonmly by the setup). Out pops his Marder and by jeep not only killed it, but caused it to explode. I was so happy I could scream, and mongo was way pissed.

What is even more devasting is when some P-47 flies over and area and cuts loose with a couple of bombs. In one sceanario, I heard the engine of my expected air support and saw the shadow of the plane fly over head. I did not know what the pilot had seen that I could not, but I witnessed the 2 explosions of his bombs....

When replaying the scene - it was quite evident that any infantry anywhere near the explosions were flat out killed or dumb struck from the concussion.

Later I found that Jagdpanther was the planes primary target. I had to surround this "roadblock" with an M8 HMC, an M5 Stuart, 2 76mm Shermans and a 105mm Sherman to get the kill. The best part was watching the M5 who kept scooting around this beast plinking away with it's 37mm while that monster kept trying to rotate and nail it...

------------------

"Whoever had the choice, would choose an eagle's nest on the cliffs in place of a home. May he know how to sleep, though his eyes be red from the thunder, and listen to the cries of the wild spirits in the murmur of the pines.-That is how I lived."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Just wait, I was playing mongo39 and I had an MG jeep (given randonmly by the setup). Out pops his Marder and by jeep not only killed it, but caused it to explode. I was so happy I could scream, and mongo was way pissed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ever hear of "Rat Patrol" the TV show. They always killed tanks, HT, AC, anything you could throw at em. All from a couple MG mounted jeeps. As the jeep gets 5' of air going over that sand dune. The MG blasting at the front of a German tank...And ... BOOM tank blows up. Jeep speeds on to the next target. A lot of fun to watch, but ridiculous.

------------------

Semper Fi.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarhead:

Ever hear of "Rat Patrol" the TV show. They always killed tanks, HT, AC, anything you could throw at em. All from a couple MG mounted jeeps. As the jeep gets 5' of air going over that sand dune. The MG blasting at the front of a German tank...And ... BOOM tank blows up. Jeep speeds on to the next target. A lot of fun to watch, but ridiculous.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try using the 1.03 and earlier versions of CM, and that's pretty much what it's like.

Slapdragon, I'm glad to find someone else who agrees with me on the use of marders. Put two or three of them together in a wolfpack, and keep any shermans from coming that way. If you lose one, no big deal. Even if you have to lose two of them to KO one sherm 75, you're still breaking even.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarhead:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I got to fire an M2HB and I would believe it would do in a Marder, but Rat Patrol was crazy.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Try using the 1.03 and earlier versions of CM, and that's pretty much what it's like.

Slapdragon, I'm glad to find someone else who agrees with me on the use of marders. Put two or three of them together in a wolfpack, and keep any shermans from coming that way. If you lose one, no big deal. Even if you have to lose two of them to KO one sherm 75, you're still breaking even.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lower cost forces require more skill to use, since they need skill to manuever them into an advantage, but I like a bunch of little guys over a big guy any day, especially since German little guys carry a gun that kills almost anything it can come across short of a Churchill.