Who did this greyed Stug mod?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeT:

I was afraid of that. I sent him an email asking permission to use his mod in my CM project but I can find no record that he ever responded. If anyone knows the man could they ask him to contact me. I need the mod for my France1940 scenarios.

MikeT

desertcmt@home.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we discussed this several times - I can't remember if a final verdict was reached, but it seemed to me that some (not all) felt it was okay to use someone else's mods as long as mention was made in the readme file that you were modifying it, and a credit was given the original designer both in the readme and on whichever website you have hosting your version. As we discussed before, you can't put something on the internet for free and expect people not to use it (that is why you are offering it for free) but common decency and a sense of fairness demands that credit be given where credit is due.

It sounds like you want to use the mod unchanged, however - which is an interesting situation in itself.

Anyway, my views on this haven't changed and I'm sure others haven't changed theirs either. Not trying to anger anyone, just adding my two cents worth - Tiger's stuff is always well above average artwork and it would be a shame not to see a good mod go forth to something as worthy as another conversion module along the lines of DFDR - it would be for the common good.

IIRC, Tiger made it very clear that anyone wanting to alter his mods with the intent to offer it to the public should first get his permission. However, as far as I know he has not refused anyone who asked. Tiger has taken a break from modding, but he still posts here. Give him a chance to find out that the forum is up.