Target selection with elite tank...

Hi.

I have played and enjoyed the Tigers Bocage scenario a few times now. I always enjoy trying to get Michael Wittmann's tiger to survive to the end, and blowing up as much allied stuff as possible.

The problem I have dicovered in this scenario, is the target selection of the elite tiger is somewhat baffleing at times. I suppose I should have searched this topic, as I am sure it has been covered before. Maybe this is just my frustration showing through. Sometimes when I command my elite tiger to hunt in a certain direction, in pursue of an enemy tank I wind up watching in horror as my elite commander turns his turret 180 degrees facing his backside to chew off some conscript halftrack crews while he is approaching enemy tank units. This is painful to watch, when I am aware of enemy tanks in front of my tank. I start yelling out "no no no...turn turn turn." But it is to late. I then get wacked. I do not know much about the specifics of german armor, but logic tells me that the backside turret is weaker then the frontside.

Elite units are the "best of the best" and are rare. This has lead me to think an elite unit would not make this mistake while pursueing an enemy tank

I would like to have an "ignore this target" order for when you want to directly attack a unit.

What do you think?

[This message has been edited by Panther131 (edited 12-31-2000).]

Well, while I agree in theory, I have to suppose that he didn't live to be elite by "ignoring" targets, particularly infantry to the rear. smile.gif

Try a change of tactics. Spend as little time as possible in the target rich environment outside of town and get into cover. Then go hunting.

------------------

Is "patheti-sad" a word?

Off the subject sorry but hey Babra isn't that quote from the Drew Carey Show? Thought I saw that one the other day and when I saw it I busted up as much as the first time I heard it.

------------------

"D-Day was a nightmare. Even now it brings pain to recall what happened there on June 6, 1944. I have returned many times to honorthe valiant men who died on that beach. They should never be forgotten. Nor should those who lived to carry the day by the slimmest of margins. Every man who set foot on Omaha Beach that day was a hero."

General Omar Bradley-

Issues with target selection have been ground into little pieces. Do a search, but limit the results to the last 30 days for two reasons: first, if you have no time filter you'll wind up with ~200 threads, and second the target selection routines got a major tweak with the 1.05 patch, and about a month ago, and have been tweaked again with the beta patches in the last month.

DjB