The Ultimate Lurker Coming-Out

My sad story. This is hard for me to do....

...but I am a serial lurker. I am addicted to lurking. I read the Combat Mission boards everyday at work. 3,4 times a day. This has been going on for over 9 months.

This would not be so bad, except I DON'T OWN COMBAT MISSION. I played it (1) time on a friend's computer in July. It was a religious experience.

I told myself I was going to upgrade my computer so I could play, but ever since the stock market crashed, I have been stuck with my sh*tbox Pentium Pro. Done in by the bears, I guess.

It's off my chest. Now I can go in peace....

Let's all join hands and pray for brother Daveym.

We feel your pain, brother.

But you'll have to wait for CM2 to PROPERLY get done in by the "bear". smile.gif

Enough of this! Don't y'all got PBEM turns to send, hmm? smile.gif

Sten

[This message has been edited by Sten (edited 02-28-2001).]

daveym,

How much of a sh*tbox is your computer? I have a P2-233 with a Voodoo 2 and I can play just about any scenario out there. Granted some of the bigger one slow me down, but I can accept it.

Do yourself a big favor and buy the game. The majority of scenarios are reinforced company size, well within the capabilities of most computers.

"Done in by the bears, I guess."

Damn them bears!!!

We need more bull!

Um, no wait.. we need more bulls!!

Um, no thats not right either...

DAMMIT!

Folks, this is what happens when you play the stock market instead of CM.

No money for a PC.

No money for upgrade.

No Money for game.

No game for gameplay.

It's a mad, mad, mad, world we live in. Even worse without CM.

~Skott~

I learned a lesson from my current computer, which is: never buy something with proprietary technology in it. It is *impossible* to upgrade cheaply.

The machine: HP Vectra Pentium-Pro 200 with 64 megs of memory and Voodoo 3. I always scratch my head when I hear that people with P2-233's can run CM, as the PPro 200 _should be_ an all-around superior chip (onboard cache)...and, when I hear that FPU performance is critical for CM, I scratch my head again, cause the PPro architecture for FPU is excellent.

Anyhow, whatever the cause, the CM demo gives my computer a serious beating. Around 1 frame per second, with all the detail and sound turned off.

So that's why I am stuck waiting for the computer fairy (and the stock market fairy) to come and rescue me. Last night I dreampt that Apple accidentially shipped me a Titanium PowerBook...

Daveym:

i have a pent pro 200 with 64meg and a stealth 3d 2000 pro 4meg card and i can run CM. it isn't as fast as my pentII 350 or pentIII 733 that i have but i can still play it when i am at my shop.. so what is the hold up in getting the game..you will just need to tweek the system to get the best performance. latest drivers for your video card and directX 7.oa or later..

good luck

Daveym:

i have a pent pro 200 with 64meg and a stealth 3d 2000 pro 4meg card and i can run CM. it isn't as fast as my pentII 350 or pentIII 733 that i have but i can still play it when i am at my shop.. so what is the hold up in getting the game..you will just need to tweek the system to get the best performance. latest drivers for your video card and directX 7.oa or later..

good luck

Daveym:

i am running a pent pro 200 with 64megs of ram and a stealth 2000 pro 4meg card and can play CM. it isn't as fast as my 733 pentIII or my pentII 350 but i have a diversion at my shop when i need it..

get the game .. then make it work.. you will be happy trust me..

Arien

Daveym

Just a thought....noticed that you were in Washington DC, there are some others around here froom there....perhaps one or two of them might stand ya to a hotseat game or two, or too really depress ya to see what you are missing for a beer or four? But watch out for Jake the Lawyer, an odius sort, hanging around cheap dives looking to make deals......

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram