CMBO intruding on my dreams

ok, am i the only one or does this game intrude on your dreams? i think i have problems.

in the past when i played a game too much i could close my eyes and see it. but with this game i keep dreaming of the last battle i had and what i did wrong, or it will turn almost into a nightmare and i dream that the enemy force turned out to be bigger.

but last night i dreamt that masses of three man squads were running through the woods at a fox hole that i myself was in with two other men. the freaky part is that there were dozens of yellow lines coming from out of the woods toward me.

am i the only one that experiences this? is it normal?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dog6880:

ok, am i the only one or does this game intrude on your dreams? i think i have problems....

....am i the only one that experiences this? is it normal?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No and no.

Look on the bright side, treat it as a rehersal and write down all the lessons learned when you wake. All that extra time spent on rehersing tactics is bound to have a benefit. wink.gif

It's worse than that for me...

I drive to work and keep sizing up the terrain arround Rte. 66 outside of Washington D.C. for hull-downs and field of fire.

Is it worse to have it seep into your dreams? Or into you thought processes? biggrin.gif

Joe

------------------

"I had no shoes and I cried, then I met a man who had no socks." - Fred Mertz

Guest Warphead-

I had a dream involving my girl and me. We were in free nature, the sun was shining. And just when it started to get close and personal I noted that the terrain was much too bright. It needed to be subdued. And somebody had to exchange this gras-tiles...

CM is not only ruining my sex-life in reality I can not even dream about sex! I will ask my lawyers to take the necessary steps... biggrin.gif

------------------

http://www.nahverteidigungswaffe.de

"Haben die Krupp-Werke Betriebsausflug? Da rollt ja halb Deutschland auf mich zu..." (Vincent)]

I had a dream with my evil ex-wife in a King Tiger. I looked down to see my puny 37 MM sticking out and I realized I was in the hatch of a Stuart. I woke with some internal flaking.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Well, now when I get out of school and finish university, I'm thinking of joining the Canadian Armed Forces and go through the ROTP program. I didn't really think about that seriously before CM, now, I'm almost positive that that is what I want to do as my profession. Actually, after my mandatory yeas in service, I wanted to get a military job at D-NET in Ottawa(Department of National Defense). So here I come!

Thank you BTS, THANK YOU CM!

David

Guest wwb_99

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Polar:

It's worse than that for me...

I drive to work and keep sizing up the terrain arround Rte. 66 outside of Washington D.C. for hull-downs and field of fire.

Is it worse to have it seep into your dreams? Or into you thought processes? biggrin.gif

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I-66 is dull for terrain looking. Take a drive southwest out towards Charlottesville down US 29. Now there are some interesting ambush spots. In fact, it is easy to spot the potential AT ambushes, because there is usually a state trooper there picking off speeders.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

..... I looked down to see my puny 37 MM sticking out and I realized I was in the hatch of a Stuart. I woke with some internal flaking.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's 37mm in inches ? biggrin.gif

DG

Hey Polar, maybe you , me, and WWB can get together and form a Washington Chapter of CM addicts! Meetings held once a week to discuss the 10 steps to CM reduction! (But then, everone will be busy playing CM and forget to come to the meetings! LOL

------------------

Are you gonna pull them pistols? Or whistle Dixie? --- Josey Wales

woa!! i think i got it worse then i thought.

i thought sizeing up terrain for hull downs and feilds of fire was a normal thing to do.

and as for sex life.. well i think of CM during it sometimes. i dont think that is healthy....

Whenever I have walks in the hills, I always wonder the solders climbing the steep slopes with such heavy gears and not resorting to lanes and roads. BTW, I come across at least once the remains of MG pillbox used during WW2.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DraGoon:

What's 37mm in inches ?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

About 1:1 scale for Hiram...

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

Not yet. One of the MG pillbox was near Lion Rock trail. Of course there was a number of bunkers in Fortess Hill. I remember I saw one other near Star Ferry when I was small, but it was removed now.

I had a book which contains detailed maps, guides and photos on the remains of WW2 sites in Hong Kong. It is in one of the boxes home so I am sorry I cannot get it for you right now. I bought it in the Book Expo in 1999.

If you read the paper, there is a small coastal defense museum in Shaukeiwan, but I have yet to visit it. It sounds attrative.

CM affects my daily life very much just like many other good games I played. There has been mnay funny threads here about "Signs that you have played CM too much" back from the days of Beta Demo. biggrin.gif I don't drive so I have yet to get "hull down" nor I am mounting a HMG, LAW or ATGM on top of my car. (That's Dogbert way)

Your sympthom by far is light which indicates you have not played CM long enough wink.gif Don't worry, you will be alright and CM wont' harm you wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Enjoy!!!

Griffin.

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Ugh, I cannot believe you people haven't figured it out yet.

These dreams and overall "invasion of the thought proccess" is just that: the first noticable steps to what will very soon develop into full-blown mind control. Steve and Charles are actually nefarious villains out to build themselves an Elite army of overweight, middle-aged men! Oh the horror!

That, and totally control your every movement at their liesure -

What? Goddamnit Steve, I already took out my life savings at the bank, what the hell more do you - YES MASTER. MUST...KILL...FAMILY...

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

[This message has been edited by The Commissar (edited 01-09-2001).]

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

what will they use the 20 year old's for dare i ask....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know where crazy glue comes from?

(Edited for horrible Canadian type spelling...)

[This message has been edited by Der Unbekannte Jäger (edited 01-09-2001).]

IIRC, many age polls being conducted on this forum indicates that the average age would be around 36.

Griffin.

what will they use the 20 year old's for dare i ask....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nitsud42:

Hey Polar, maybe you , me, and WWB can get together and form a Washington Chapter of CM addicts! Meetings held once a week to discuss the 10 steps to CM reduction! (But then, everone will be busy playing CM and forget to come to the meetings! LOL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, seems there's quite a few of us around. Leland also is in the area...

------------------

sometimes i'd like to kick your f-ing head

but i guess you're just a human too

-EMBRACE, "SAID GUN"