Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How to play the game most realistically?

I want to play the game in a realistic way graphically speaking. That said, how does one turn off the flags, etc... and the words appearing on objects during the game. Finally where do I adjust the size ratios of the tanks and infantry.

Finally, what is a troll?

Press the hotkeys button on the bottom of the page for a list of all hotkeys. This will tell you how to turn off victory flags, info, etc., etc.

A troll (in internet terms) is someone who posts a message for the purpose of eliciting a negative or inflammatory response.

A troll (in mythical terms) is an ugly creature who likes to eat children. It may or may not be immune to non-fire or acid based damage. It may or may not live under a bridge.

Jeff Heidman

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scooleen:

I want to play the game in a realistic way graphically speaking. That said, how does one turn off the flags, etc... and the words appearing on objects during the game. Finally where do I adjust the size ratios of the tanks and infantry.

Finally, what is a troll?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeff beat me to the punch. Follow his advice.

There is also a thread designed to answer questions. http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/014107.html

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

[This message has been edited by Hiram Sedai (edited 01-09-2001).]

I heard a great way to play CM realistically, and i think I'm going to give this a try one day.

Make a scenario, where all you get is ONE AFV. Give the computer oppoenent some low value assets, and maybe 1 or 2 AFVs.

When your AFV dies, you die.

(Plus, turn everything off. And NEVER use any view except locked to unit, ground level).

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr. Brian:

I heard a great way to play CM realistically, and i think I'm going to give this a try one day.

Make a scenario, where all you get is ONE AFV. Give the computer oppoenent some low value assets, and maybe 1 or 2 AFVs.

When your AFV dies, you die.

(Plus, turn everything off. And NEVER use any view except locked to unit, ground level).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are going to do that, just go out and buy a tank sim.

Why try to turn a tactical wargame into a tank sim?

Jeff Heidman

Why not?

It could be great! (also if it is a bit off, but great to do somethimes, only for joke)

Put only two great vehicles, a low land without anything or any obstalce, put the tanks at long distance and fight with a real-player to see who's the best!

The most realistic way is to buy this strange DeLorean car from a whacked scientist and travel back in time to 1944 and storm this one certian beach in a place called Normandy. I bet that would be a realistic experience!

(please note playful sarcasm)

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Priest

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

If you are going to do that, just go out and buy a tank sim.

Why try to turn a tactical wargame into a tank sim?

Jeff Heidman

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeff,

The question was posed how to play Combat Mission more "realistic." Nothing said about other games.

I guess this is what a "gamer" like me gets, when they try to answer a "realist" question. smile.gif

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!

I wear a metal pail on my head and have the wife crank me with a hammer everytime my armor gets toasted.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Want some mega-realism? Try a scenario called Drop to Destiny (accidentally designed by me wink.gif and should be on the original CD) - when playing the US Airborne, you are allowed to view the action from level 1 only, switch to other units using the + and - keys (or click on them when you see them). You are allowed to swivel the camera around a unit, though. For the real hardcore realist... or if you want to try somefink dyfferant...

Martin

------------------

"An hour has 60 minutes, each minute in action has a thousand dangers."

- Karl-Heinz Gauch, CO 1st Panzerspähkompanie, 12th SS Panzerdivision