The World at War

A Special Edition of The World at War on DVD is available on amazon.co.uk (can't find one on .com). Because it's on the UK site, it's encoded in region 2 so if you are outside Europe you will need a multi-region player.

The price would normally be £99.99 (GBPounds) but there is a £20 reduction. This link (.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000059RGE/o/qid=983788018/sr=2-1/202-4084607-3671834) will take you there. I've edited out the WWW bit just in case the amazon page tried to load in this thread.

Below is a quote from the page:

Now digitally remastered The World at War looks even more of an impressive achievement on DVD. Each disc set comes with a detailed menu that places the individual programmes along a chronological timeline. Better yet, chapter access is laid out to allow you to select key speeches or maps or newsreel footage. The World at War was a landmark television event; its DVD incarnation underlines its importance as an historical document.

Description: Contains all 5 DVD volumes - 10 Discs. Over 32 hours of digitally re-mastered footage. Packed with extras, including the hour special "The Making of..."

I've just realised I should have posted it in General Forum. Please forgive me, I shall not do it again!

Or watch this classic documentary on BBC2 on Sundays for free....but only in the UK of course wink.gif

Originally posted by M. Bates:

I just bought it. Of course all the non-Region 2 foreigners will be forced to watch it on their inferior NTSC equipment smile.gif

It's a pretty good series with some powerful imagery. I'd recommend it to anyone in any format. For the benefit of Maximus, there's even a short intro on the first episode about a nondescript little village in France. Damn, what was the name again... wink.gif

------------------

Out of commission, become a pillbox.

Out of ammo, become a bunker.

Out of time -- become heroes...

Originally posted by Forever Babra:

It's a pretty good series with some powerful imagery. I'd recommend it to anyone in any format. For the benefit of Maximus, there's even a short intro on the first episode about a nondescript little village in France. Damn, what was the name again... wink.gif

Yeah, babs, but you know how the French can be sometimes... wink.gif

Jeff

------------------

When nuclear weapons are frozen then only freezers will have nuclear weapons.