88 Flak gun mod

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Nifty! I like it!

I hope that Combat missions will host it! (200 Dl's for sure).

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Guest Mikey D

Ain't those mystery shared color blocks a pain?! I'd bet the top of that 88 gun breech is shared among several field guns.

I just did some Allied field gun mods and some bmp files were being shared-around in some pretty unexpected places (6 pounder shield with 105mm howitzer carriage!). I had to resort to randomly changing bmp files to purple to see what went where!

MikeyD, the top of the breech and the back of the gunshield, the brownish parts, are hard-coded I believe. Not every gun uses them, some have seperate back and front bmps and other misc parts (like the top of the breech), some do not.

John

Originally posted by Tiger:

MikeyD, the top of the breech and the back of the gunshield, the brownish parts, are hard-coded I believe. Not every gun uses them, some have seperate back and front bmps and other misc parts (like the top of the breech), some do not.

John

No, no, no. The file range you're looking for is 4000-4018.

The brown bmp in question in your pic is 4000.bmp. When ever you do a FlaK gun (37mm, Quad-20mm, 88mm) and the PaK 43 and PaK 43/41 88mm AT-guns paint up 4000.bmp. It is both the shield backing and the top of the gun breach. It is also the inside side walls of the PSW 234/1, Wespe/Marder III, Marder II, Hummel/Nashorn, Ostwind/Whirlewind and Kubelwagen. It's also used on a couple parts on the front of the 57mm/75mm guns of both field guns and the vehicle mounted guns in the Marder II/III and Wespe. Basically any open topped vehicle uses 4000 as the inside side wall.

4008.bmp is used for the front and rear inside walls of the Hummel and Nashorn and a piece of the Wespe front shield. This file is also used as the front and rear of the Ostwind/Whirblewind.

4014.bmp is used as the rear inside wall of vehicles like Marder II/III and Wespe. It is also used in the front shield of those vehicles as well.

Hence when I did my winter vehicles a long while back, I included winterized versions of 4000, 4008, and 4014.

4016.bmp is used as the top of the gun breach of the Infantry & Howitzer guns.

There may be others. But when you find a strange solid brown texture on a unit, look through the 4000 through 4018 files.

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

"I do what I likes, and I likes what I do."--Darrell Hammond (portraying Bill Clinton), SNL

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 03-03-2001).]

Guest Germanboy

Tiger - have you ever tried putting camo nets on the 88?

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Germanboy,

What about foliage add-ons, like some of the vehicle mods? Wouldn't those be great?

Regards,

John Kettler

Like this? biggrin.gif

88foliage.jpg

Feb 1944, Schepetowka, Eastern Front.

or rather like what I suggested? biggrin.gif

88camonet.jpg

February 1945, Oder-Front. Guarding an important cross-roads.

Both pictures from Janusz Piekalkiewicz's 'Die 8.8cm Flak im Erdeinsatz'

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 03-03-2001).]

Guest Germanboy

And if anyone has any ideas why Geocities does not show the pictures, I would be interested to hear them. Free serverspace indeed...

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Ahh, I see you took my advice on the "mystery textures". I always wondered why you never painted those. That was one of my pet peeves about your earlier work. I was like, "He's not doing all the files!" biggrin.gif

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

"I do what I likes, and I likes what I do."--Darrell Hammond (portraying Bill Clinton), SNL