Forward Observer Is Open for Business!

Hi All,

After much effort, I have finally finished my new website, Forward Observer

(http://forwardobserver.homestead.com/index.html)!

The focus of the site will be to provide a location to collect updates from the various CM-related sites.

There is currently no news yet, but you are welcome to take a look at the site. Please wipe your feet on the rug as you enter. wink.gif

------------------

SuperTed

Wild Bill and the Raiders

Boots & Tracks Team Member

Forward Observer

Matt,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll drop Pal a line to see what he thinks.

I suspect that people should not have much trouble distinguishing between Pal's in-game journal and my website. If it could become a problem, I am sure a solution could be found easily.

Thanks again.

------------------

SuperTed

Forward Observer

Guest Rommel22

Nice Site. I used Homestead and My site looks like crap!

Well It's not even done yet. But Hopefully I will make it better.

Bookmarked!

------------------

Rommel22's War Diarys site.

http://rommel22diarys.homestead.com/MyPage1.html

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

Hi SuperTed,

A couple of suggestions.

The opening pic is nice, but a bit heavy on my 56k modem. I suppose I can get around that by bookmarking the news page.

It would be helpful IMO if you could set up the links on the news page to open in another window by default.

[This message has been edited by Robert Olesen (edited 02-20-2001).]

Robert,

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate all the help I can get.

I am using a 56k modem as well and I have not run into any problems opening the Home page. I don't know much about these things, but could the problem be with your ISP? Is anybody else having this problem? If so, I'll look into changing things a bit.

I have been thinking about how best to set up the links on the news page, so your suggestion may just sway me to using separate windows. wink.gif Does anybody else have any thoughts on this?

Again, thank you for the feedback. Please keep it coming.

------------------

SuperTed

Forward Observer

So Ted says:If it could become

a problem, I am sure a solution could be found easily.

Whoa pal, you might want to consider the following:

1) We (I'm speaking for the CMMC Allied Press Corps) had the name first.

2) I personally know two lawyers in the CessPool (I know, it's kind of a double whammy, Lawyers AND the CessPool).

3) We have retained the firm of "Guido, Guido and Guido" to do our ... uh ... negotiations.

4) It has been conclusively proven, apropos of nothing at all, that it's practically impossible to play CM with broken hands.

So ... BACK OFF BUDDY!

Oh, nice site BTW smile.gif And the next edition of the REAL Forward Observer is at the printer and should be available at a computer terminal near you momentarily.

Joe

------------------

I heartily admit you are a swine, Joe. But you are OUR swine. (Goanna)

The editor walked into his office and sat down at the desk. "Hmmm... what's this?" he thought while adjusting the glases on his nose. "A memo from the guys in the legal department. Ok, let se....Forward Observer...bla bla bla...another site...".

He picks up the phone and dials. "This is the editor, let me talk to whoever is in charge at the moment".

"Hi, yes I saw your note. No, I don't think there's problem. I'll get in touch with this guy and we'll sort it out. Yes. Thank you, you too!"

smile.gif

No problem SuperTed! Perhaps you could say somewhere on the frontpage of your fine site that it isn't affiliated with "The Forward Observer"?

Regards,

Pål

------------------

Our's is not to reason why, our's is but to do and die!

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited 02-20-2001).]