How Come In Random Quick Battles No Infantyr Versus Infantry

I have played quite a few (many) CMBO quick battles with random 'purchase units', random 'type', and random 'force'. In the at least 50 plus such QBs I have never seen an infantry versus infantry match. Further, I have never seen Gebirgsjagers. How come?

Is there any way to every so often randomly get an infantry versus infantry matchup?

Further, in 'random QBs', is there any way to get cross matches between possibly infantry versus mech or maybe combined arms versus armor, etc. I know that if I set up an infantry versus infantry battle, the zooks, pzschrecks, & piats become the suicide scouts and pointmen to 'sniff' out enemy positions because you "know" that no enemy tanks are around. I suspect that if one does not know if the enemy does or does not have vehicles, I and my opponents would not be so profligate with the AT teams.

Comment time ! :confused:

I GUESS NOBODY KNOWS OR NOT GOING TO ANSWER. AS FAR AS MECH VS ARMOR, YES IT CAN BE DONE OR COMBINED AGAINST MECH OR ANY COMBINATION YOU WANT, EXCEPT I SUPPOSE INFANTRY VS INFANTRY. INTERESTING THAT YOU ASK ABOUT INFANTRY VS INFANTRY THOUGH. I JUST LAST NIGHT PLAYED THAT BY DESIGNING MY OWN MAP. TO MAKE IT FAIR SINCE I OFCOURSE HAD TO PICK BOTH SIDES I PICKED AN AMERICAN COMPANY AND GERMAN COMPANY. IN PRICE THEY WERE ONLY ABOUT $5.00 OFF. THE GERMAN'S BEING THE LITTLE MORE BY THE WAY. ANYWAY, I ALSO PICKED 2 SHARPSHOOTERS FOR EACH SIDE. I HAVE TO SAY IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I EVER PLAYED. FOR ONCE THE GERMAN SIDE DIDN'T DOMINATE THE GAME BECAUSE OF THIER TANKS. AMERICAN'S WON BY THE WAY BUT SINCE I WAS COMMANDING THAT'S NO SURPRISE. :D YOU BROUGHT UP A GOOD POINT FOR ME IN THAT I REALLY DIDN'T NEED TO PURCHASE THE SHARPSHOOTER I COULD HAVE SIMPLY USED THE BAZOOKA GUYS. NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT. ANYWAY THAT'S THE ONLY WAY I KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET INFANTRY VS INFANTRY. HAVE FUN AND REMEMBER CM2 WILL BE COMING OUT SOON. NOT SOON ENOUGHT BUT SOON.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I have never seen Gebirgsjagers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been playing the full version for almost a year now, and to this day I've yet to generate a QB with GB units in it.

I know they were rarely used, but then again weren't Pumas just as rare (and God knows how many times I was given one of those).

Has anyone gotten a GB unit in a QB?

QUOTE:

I know they were rarely used, but then again weren't Pumas just as rare (and God knows how many times I was given one of

ISN'T THAT THE TRUTH? OR STUART'S. I HAVE QUIT PLAYING QB DUE TO THE CRAPPY ASSORTMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND MEN IT GIVES ME. I WANT TO ENJOY WHAT I HAVE TO BATTLE WITH AND IT SURE ISN'T STUART TANKS, 60MM MORTARS AND A HALFTRACK AGAINST 3 STRUM'S OR PUMAS. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

QUOTE:

I know they were rarely used, but then again weren't Pumas just as rare (and God knows how many times I was given one of

ISN'T THAT THE TRUTH? OR STUART'S. I HAVE QUIT PLAYING QB DUE TO THE CRAPPY ASSORTMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND MEN IT GIVES ME. I WANT TO ENJOY WHAT I HAVE TO BATTLE WITH AND IT SURE ISN'T STUART TANKS, 60MM MORTARS AND A HALFTRACK AGAINST 3 STRUM'S OR PUMAS. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Capslock stuck? might wanna check ;). I can't remeber ever getting Gebirgsjaeger in any random QB's either.

Regards, John Waters

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: PzKpfw 1 ]

Sorry about the caplocks. Someone else just informed me about it so I apologize. I now remember reading somewhere that that was considered yelling which I certainly didn't mean to do. I just thought it stood out better. Well, I guess that's the whole point, isn't it. Anyway, excuse me. I never try to be rude or upsetting to anyone. Won't happen again. redface.gif

Richard, just set up your quick battles for both sides to be mechanized. There will be the odd armored car or halftrack, etc, but at least that gives your AT teams a reason not to be "suicide scouts".

And no, I have never seen Gebirgsjaegers generated in a QB either, but then, they didn't see a whole hell of a lot of action in WWII, either.

Guys, thanks for the replys. The random QBs are just really neat because each person is given a polyglot of units that sometimes contain bizarre unit combinations. The unknown composition of the enemy force and the necessity to properly use your mishmash of units give one fear and it imparts an illusion of reality. This is good.