GUNMETAL interface mod: "1.1" update ready for DL!

Hi folks!

After having used the GUNMETAL interface mod for a while, I noticed a couple of places where I could try to improve it some. So I have a small (12k) optional "patch" where I try to address some of these issues, while adding a splash of color as well!

I have also included a file that fixes a minor graphic glitch around the unit designation (T-1, V-3, etc) area. My thanks go out to PawBroon for taking the time to point this out to me. Y'know, there may be something to this "grog-pickeyness" smile.gif after all!

It's just a small update but you can read all about why I did it (and see pics, and download it) by clicking on the link under my name.

Later y'all!!

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

so many games...so little time

Very nice. I wasn't using the others, but I think I'll use this one. The information seems layed out better or something. Maybe it's the colors. Anyway, nice work.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Awww right you guys! I said it before, I'll say it again: y'all make it all worthwhile. Now...to go check my stats! (I just found a free stat thing and I am addicted to those web stats! I love those bar graphs and pie graphs and line graphs! I have no idea what most of them mean but they certainly do look impressive!) smile.gif

------------------

DeanCo--

Oh, forgot to come back and tell ya. I loaded this one up and I'm loving it. This is excellent, not only improves the eye candy, but more importantly for me the functionality of the interface.

We should come up with a mod maker award or sumptin, like the enema awards on tv. We would all vote on them, different categories ofcourse, (best dramer, best comedy, best sound, best historical, etc.,), and some sort of plaque or award would be given to the mod maker winner and they could post that on their site, or it could be posted on MadMatt's site. Have to have something else instead of the Oscar's though. A little golden rodent maybe... The Hampsta's!

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Excellent job Dean! I use the the gun-metal mod too. Besides the general appearance improvement, I like how there is a little more room between the GO! button and the navigation buttons. It helps to prevent some of those accidental mouse clicks on the GO! button -just like you said it would. Thanks.

Jumbo

I downloaded and installed the changes. I had forgotten about them until one of my guys was taking cover and I saw the arrows. Very intuitive!!

It would be cool if you could get your gunmetal mod instituted in the final release of CM: Overlord. You could get royalties etc. hehe

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

OK, cool, looks like some of you are getting some use out of it. That's great.

Hiram, I've already gotten some paid work sort of indirectly out of all this interface stuff. Those hours with Photoshop are paying off in other ways. Maybe not as cool as making a game interface, but paying nonetheless. So I see the whole thing as sort of "process" myself. Billard balls bouncing off each other. Sometimes your aim is off and you pot another ball by mistake. Well, that's still one for you.

------------------

DeanCo--