DFDR- Check this out...

Just a cut&paste from a previous thread in which I attempt to tap-dance around this issue:

" The "authenticity" issue has been touched on by Mike T and myself previously. To clear things up, however, I'll give it a whirl again.

There are indeed aspects of the game which we are powerless to change (as I think we'll all agree is NOT a bad thing). Hardcoded text, vehicle specs., particle effects and tracers. These game components are out of our reach and should be (if anyone here was involved with the I'76 community, you'll know what I mean)or your PBEM games would soon fill with sinister, chuckling preteens crashing about in hacked, supersonic King Tigers with Pratt&Whitney jet turbines and a bow mounted BFG.

To this end, if one is to enjoy Desert Fox-Desert Rats, you'll have to exercise a jot of willful ignorance. Textures will try to approximate a different version of armor or different type of terrain, but the facts the game relates to you will not always exactly correspond to what you see. Palms are still "forest" in your interface window. Vehicle variants will not always be historically accurate. Some terrain may catch fire inappropriately. And so on ad nauseum.

However, we did not see this as a good enough reason not to do the mod. I'm sure some people will enjoy it. I'm sure some won't. We will try to make it as accurate as possible, but there will have to be concessions weighing in on the side of "fun". "

Clubfoot.

Wow! Extra cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

One word of request:

Can the DFDR team spare some time and post the vechicles and uints lists?

Keep up the good work! Can't wait for the release.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Clubfoot, my home email is down, my home internet is down. I won't be receiving or sending any messages until sometime Saturday.

I will email you the unit availability table today from work. It is being tweaked as time goes by, and as Pascal points out some stupid decisions I made, but it is current enough.

I had thought of posting my readme doc file on the board but it is 11 pages long and the unit availability file is around 5 pages long. I didn't think that the moderators would appreciate it.

The unit file is broken up by nationality and year. I am trying to cover battles from 1941 (say Crete) to 1943. Germans, Italians, Brits, Vichy French, Americans are covered.

About the burning terrain, in one battle I adapted from "the board game whose title cannot be mentioned" I had to place burning ground at various locations. These locations represent burning vehicles from a earlier fight on the map. I would have prefered the ability to use the editor to "dirty" up a battle but it doesn't allow it save for burning terrain such as buildings or trees.

MikeT

That is okay, Mike.

BTW, I still owe you some files anyway and my ISP is down all the weekend (US-China undersea cable was broken).

If you don't mind, please send the file to my email a/c.

Griffin.

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

TIA.

I think I better sent you the sound files I promise first. I think my tounge and throat are in good conditions. wink.gif

I am not very good @ play testing but I will see what I can do but all 12 is....

Griffin.

Originally posted by MikeT:

Consider it done. BTW, I have worked up 12 new scenarios based on France 1940. Interested in a little playtesting?

Mike

------------------

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Come to my Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/