Mod gods, I need help!

c3k

Gents,

Here's the situation: I've just ordered CMBO for my brother-in-law. I'm also making up a disc for him with all the updates, CMMOS v3.0, the cmmos mods, and a bunch of scenarios. I figure the CMBO disc will be v1.12. (It better be! smile.gif ) I am going to include both Mad Dawg Mod Packs 1 & 2. My question: does v1.12 include all the wav and bmp files from MDMP 1 & 2? Will he lose any good changes if he uses the MDMP's on top of v1.12?

Oh, are the old cmmos mods still compatible with cmmos v3.0?

Thanks for your help,

Ken

That raises a good question

Gordon, will there ever be a "final" version of CMMOS for CMBO and a finalized list of mods that will be available for purchase on CD?

Has this ever been a goal - and if not, could it be? Would be great to have if I ever change computers ,or want to install all the mods on my laptop (this was an issue last summer when I was in Borden for 4 weeks). Plus, I'd just like to have it and not have to go to the hassle of downloading 500 Megs of files.

Well, I would hope that eventually I'll get all the bugs out of CMMOS and finish all the features I want to put in, and so in that respect CMMOS (the program will be finished). However, since it was designed to be "open", new RuleSets/Rules could be added at anytime in the future (distribution of those sorts of updates may be the focus of the next major CMMOS release.

As far as publishing a CD, that's not my business (nor was it ever my intention).

Gordon