Another newbie here..

Hey guys.. After playing the demo for days, my copy has finally arrived.. I am sure my fiancé will be glad to know that she can look forward to watching more replays of my tanks falling pray to those big guns.. "Honey, watch this!" smile.gif (Kind of like the VW commercial where the guy learns of a new feature in the manual.. Wife is not impressed)

Anyway, I have been a long time lurker here and look forward to discussing this wonderful simulator with all of you.

-David

Glad to hear you finally got your copy... LOL, I've seen that commercial and I get the same reaction from my GF when demonstrating my panzer prowness. "Watch this Hon..." And I look back to see her looking at me with this pitiful expression one might give a child upon falling off their bicycle for the fifth time. Yes, I'm sure your GF is just going to love all the quality time you and your monitor will be spending together.

Personally, I'm thinking about giving CM away as Christmas presents. One for my boss, so he'll thereafter leave me alone, definately one for the ex's lawyer, and maybe one for the GF's teenage son (who knows, maybe he'd enjoy some virtual drive by's for a change... the zero to 50 mph acceleration in under 20 seconds of the M5 could radically alter modern urban gang warfare). Hehe, maybe CM needs a commercial with a guy chasing down a Stuart in an open flat, then reaching down it's barrel and pulling out a can of Dew!

As for discussions at this forum, well it's fairly well known that each topic winds up being something of an adventure. smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 10-12-2000).]

Hola!

Solidarity brother newbie! I'm still pretty green myself, but I have a suggestion for you and any other recruits as far as this forum is concerned.

From the main CM thread menu, select "show all topics." Then browse through all the threads, scan the ones that look interesting, but make sure to read the locked threads. These will be very instructive; you'll become familiar with all of the "hot button" issues in CM, you'll learn who the arrogant jerks are, who can be counted on to provide wisdom and guidance, who the "flamers" are (these guys are usually members of the arrogant jerks club), you'll learn what to say, and most importantly, what NOT to say in a thread, etc etc. Give it a try when you have some free time . . . like when you're at work and can't play CM. Gotta' go, here comes the boss!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David_N_DC:

Hey guys.. After playing the demo for days, my copy has finally arrived.. I am sure my fiancé will be glad to know that she can look forward to watching more replays of my tanks falling pray to those big guns.. "Honey, watch this!" smile.gif (Kind of like the VW commercial where the guy learns of a new feature in the manual.. Wife is not impressed)

Anyway, I have been a long time lurker here and look forward to discussing this wonderful simulator with all of you.

-David<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are assimilated.

------------------

Resistance is Futile