Kick-ass sharpshooter

Guest ciks

In a recent QuickBattle I was defending small town as Germans. And I had a Reg Sharpshooter. After a few turns he buttoned up all Allied AFVs and since he had nothing to do, I targeted 2inch mortar team on the field. My sharpie aims, aims, aims, shots and guess what? He killed BOTH mortar men with a SINGLE shot! I'm sure no other unit shot at them. This seems to me as proof of existence of "Good Luck" in CM. wink.gif

BTW, it's cool to watch Flamethrowers destroing tanks. Try it if you hadn't seen it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ciks:

BTW, it's cool to watch Flamethrowers destroing tanks. Try it if you hadn't seen it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen a flame thrower torch a tank, its not pretty,

if you are silly enough to let your tanks get close enough to flame thrower teams that are hiding and if they get a shot off in 20 - 30 meters ANY tank no matter how good, open topped or not, will not withstand more than one squirt of flaming fire starter all over it. Yup instant Tank BBQ!

I saw a Sherm Toasted once, first flame thrower squirt went ALL over it but it did not go up in flames, IT also did not get the heck out of there fast enough either! and then the second shot toasted it and it went, whooosh, up in flames.

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

If BTS correctly modelled the superior German optics, no German tanks would ever get that close to an unspotted flamethrower team.

Jeff Heidman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're Laughing at Me aren't you JEFF? smile.gif

-tom w

Guest Mikey D

Perhaps the Churchill had a secret weapon against flamethrower teams. They had neglected to design a drain plug into the floor of the thing and rain water would slosh toward the front every time it stopped. Very messy but great for putting out fires!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Heidman: If BTS correctly modelled the superior German optics, no German tanks would ever get that close to an unspotted flamethrower team.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you ever climbed into a vintage or modern tank? Unless the commander is out of this hatch and has VERY sharp eyes, it is FAR too easy for a tank to walk into an ambush.

And if they're buttoned up? Five brave Kamerads just got turned into crispy critters, mate... wink.gif

Remember the Russians in Chechnya? Without infantry their tanks were killed in mass lots. And without tanks, their infantry were slaughtered.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I/O Error:

Have you ever climbed into a vintage or modern tank? Unless the commander is out of this hatch and has VERY sharp eyes, it is FAR too easy for a tank to walk into an ambush.

And if they're buttoned up? Five brave Kamerads just got turned into crispy critters, mate... wink.gif

Remember the Russians in Chechnya? Without infantry their tanks were killed in mass lots. And without tanks, their infantry were slaughtered. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just because reality doesn't correctly model superior Russian optics. I've e-mailed God about it, it'll be in the next patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ciks:

In a recent QuickBattle I was defending small town as Germans. And I had a Reg Sharpshooter. After a few turns he buttoned up all Allied AFVs and since he had nothing to do, I targeted 2inch mortar team on the field. My sharpie aims, aims, aims, shots and guess what? He killed BOTH mortar men with a SINGLE shot! I'm sure no other unit shot at them. This seems to me as proof of existence of "Good Luck" in CM. wink.gif

BTW, it's cool to watch Flamethrowers destroing tanks. Try it if you hadn't seen it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not so sure if it was good luck. I happened to do the same thing with a German sharpshooter. He was Elite, and took out a U.S. flamethrower unit (consisting of two men) with one shot. Now that you've done it to, I wonder if that one shot heard could be representing two shots fired during the turn?

------------------

"No man ever won a war by dieing for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

-General George S. Patton, Jr.