Request for Future patch of CM1

I would like to see the inclusion of FFI (French partisans). I would like to do several sceanrios involving them which occurred in Southern France after the landings in August.

While I could probably use French conscripts to simulate the FFI, it just wouldn't be the same. Be pretty neat to see the partisans in civilian clothes and a mish-mash of weaponry.

------------------

Webmaster

http://www.trailblazersww2.org

http://www.vmfa251.org

Well, as a French I would of course appreciate to see the FFIs in the game, but I'm not sure it is CM's purpose to simulate non-regular troops. Neither to I think it would be worth the effort considering the lot of things that already are on "the list"...

Yet, if you want some scenarios about the liberation of southern France, we alredy have one on our site Appui-Feu. It's about Aubagne, which was taken back by the 3e DIA on the 21st of August. Just follow the link behind... It's in french but I'll translate the briefings as soon as possible smile.gif

Regards,

Magnus

------------------

Venez visiter le seul site consacré à Combat Mission en français : Appui-feu http://appui-feu.panzershark.com

If I may, Oh Dear Magnus.

One has to consider that at the level of action simulated in CM, FFI and other such partisans are abstracted since their action (except in the Vercors mainly) was more of a strategical issue than a tactical one.

Hence, blowing railroad and bridges may account for the germans not receiving some heavy reinforcement instead of having poor guys running their asses off with Sten gun and civilian clothe around Plomville and al.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

Actually, they did have a significant combat involvement during Dragoon, particularly with respect to TF Butler and in coordination with CCA 1st FFA during the 19th Armee retreat up through Montelimar. I recall reading about significant numbers of FFI helping to harass and attack 19th Armee security units as well as the retreating columns. Apparently, someone had also airdropped some 37mm ATGs, of which they managed to get at least one assembled and emplaced to cover the German retreat.

The FFI vs. the 157th Mountain in the Vercors Plateau area would also make for some good scenarios, no doubt.

Regards,

- Erik

All this begs the question...what about Russian Partisans in CM2? Now they did play an important role.

Magnus...thanks for tip on the Sceanrio. My mother is French. Relatives on my mom's side all reside near Paris. My grandfather (Father's side) served as a combat engineer with the 70th Infantry Division. They fought mainly in the Alsace-Lorraine region of France. They liberated many towns in the region, the biggest being Forbach until they took Saarbrucken inMArch 1945. My mom, as a kid, spent four years under Nazi rule.

Pawbroon,

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>One has to consider that at the level of action simulated in CM, FFI and other such partisans are abstracted since their action (except in the Vercors mainly) was more of a strategical issue than a tactical one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that wasn't Frenchy's point ( I think ) to know whether FFI were modeled on a strategical point of view or not ( the fact it that particular issue depends only upon the scenario's designer ). He was speaking of FFI in the game, that is to say with special uniforms and in combat formations... And as Erik Rutins said, FFI were useful for harassing ennemy, of course, but were not adapted for regular army duty. That's just what I said : there's no point having special FFI units in the game.

I might add that, if there were to be some new troops in a futur patch, I'd rather take some guys from the Legion than FFIs... smile.gif

Frenchy,

Glad to hear you'll try the scenario wink.gif If you can please report what you think about it smile.gif

Regards,

Magnus

------------------

Venez visiter le seul site consacré à Combat Mission en français : Appui-feu http://appui-feu.panzershark.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frenchy:

All this begs the question...what about Russian Partisans in CM2? Now they did play an important role.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My undertanding is that Russian partisans will be included in CM2.

------------------

IN VINO VERITAS